Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• Member For: 17y 10m 25d
The old girl will be recieving some tuning upgrades, rear end modification, gearing modification and some very smart ignition tweaks within the next week or so..

I don't really know the terminololg... But here goes....

I believe that Dave ( blueboost) was playing some ignition twaeks.. Similar to what they do on rally cars, to give the manuals boost off the line and help maintain it during shift changes.... I can't recall if he was successsful or not... Will you be attempting to do similar?

Does anyone know the correct terminology for what I described???

Launch assistance is featured on I6 Turbos matched to Ford's new six-speed manual transmission and is activated when the vehicle is stationary with clutch fully disengaged. In this situation the electronic throttle limits engine revs to a maximum of 3500rpm by cutting fuel which in turn allows the 'cut' cylinders to 'spool' the turbo with cool fresh air.
Edited by HI PSI

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

I think its called launch control???

Spiro, I always look foward to updates & progress from you, can't wait to see how the next step goes.

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 6m

I don't really know the terminololg... But here goes....

I believe that Dave ( blueboost) was playing some ignition twaeks.. Similar to what they do on rally cars, to give the manuals boost off the line and help maintain it during shift changes.... I can't recall if he was successsful or not... Will you be attempting to do similar?

Does anyone know the correct terminology for what I described???

Anti lag.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 12d

And it could also use a little more ...........lets say billet (not the old school T51)..... I call this addition the 76mm Turbo Pacifier LMAO

The 76mm Pacifier on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And they all say..............That looks weird...a little different...what's he up to?

Prepare yourselves for the full monty gentleman...........the megawatt is closer than you think fellas.