Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 18d

yeah.. Which is what im worried about =)...

I know albins now have a complete shaft setup, they turn the inner housing to a bolt on type utilising porche 930 cv's and custom drive flanges. They also utilise a 30spline shaft as well.

But its very $$$

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 18d

no no no.. the half shaft to CV spline is 30spline... the Housing spline into the Diff is still factory sized

:D

Sorry I had to re-read the email from albins again..

I'll paste it here for others..

Driveshaft Kit(for one car) includes - 2 x drive shafts, 4 x 930 CV joints with 30 spline inners, 2 x inner drive flanges, 2 x stub axles, 4 x CV boots, 4 x CV boot flanges, CV bolts, assembly.

I asked about the inner cv housing spline into the diff being a weakness, and this was Hadens reply

We can’t go any bigger in diameter into the diff for the new drive flange size as we are stuck with the factory sized diff side gears, but our drive flanges into the diff should be at least twice as strong as the equivalent standard part as they are going to be made using better material and will also be shot peened which will help stop the surface cracking which ultimately results in the splined shaft breaking inside the diff.

Anyways.. Sorry to hijack the thread :)

Edited by Headsex

• Member For: 17y 7m 10d

1k rwkw, hats off to you my friend! im still coming to terms with half that!

I got a set of those extreme heavy duty albins shafts on order and should be on the car hopefully before xmas, ill let you know how I go!