Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• Member For: 14y 7m 21d

Thank Mic,

I have been down that path before, this was not required with my current combo, the turbo will run out of puff before any of these things become an issue! I spin the street tune to 6850 and the race tune to 7200 with no drama's, the engine has done over 60K with over 400+rwkw's at these rpm levels, and I might add that it is performing flawlessly! (For now)

On a different note I have another engine combo currently in the making, it will be ready for January 2010, it will spin to 9000rpm, it has solid roller, solid lifters & rockers, it will run an 88mm Precision Billet turbo, it will be dry sumped, and it will make 1000rwkw's!! And before you all ask me the same question YES it will be a street engine going in to the F6. I do not want to divulge any more at this stage and I will be starting a different thread about this after new years. I am busy focusing on this 10sec pass for now, surely you all understand!!

Cheers

Spiko

U gotta love the billet turbos. one question 6 or 8 ?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

I love ya work spiro, ya making us all look like amateurs though. lol.

Good luck with turning the whick up with this setup will be waiting to hear how it goes. We're gonna screw mine this week as well so it should hopefully livin this place up abit hopefully.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 21d

Nothing wrong with a bit of livening I am sure you all agree!

John & Brandon you builds are a credit to you guy's and I am sure you will achieve your goals, as you know I am here to help, this I have proven in the past and will continue to do in the future!

To be fair I have been at it a little longer than most, and I was always going to pick up where I left off, at the end of the day any R&D that I do benefits all in the end, the only time I keep certain things to myself is during the build, after I have achieved whatever I set out to do I have been known to share fella's!

This other engine has been a very long time in the planning, it is not a recent idea!

Nearly forgot Rhys86 the current engine was built 4 years ago, to the best of my recolection it runs Argo rods, SRP or JE pistons a girdle, race barings, billet oil pump gears and atomic race valve springs!

Cheers

Edited by SPIKO

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

that's what its all about mate, if anyone can take something away from your experiences it all worth it. All I can do is congratulate you for having a crack & taking it to the next level. When its done I'm drivin down to have a look that's for sure. But for now we all want to see what you have up ya sleeve for this animal which im sure will more than drop a few jaws & more importantly put a smile on ya face.

• Member For: 17y 7m 17d

Thank Mic,

I have been down that path before, this was not required with my current combo, the turbo will run out of puff before any of these things become an issue! I spin the street tune to 6850 and the race tune to 7200 with no drama's, the engine has done over 60K with over 400+rwkw's at these rpm levels, and I might add that it is performing flawlessly! (For now)

On a different note I have another engine combo currently in the making, it will be ready for January 2010, it will spin to 9000rpm, it has solid roller, solid lifters & rockers, it will run an 88mm Precision Billet turbo, it will be dry sumped, and it will make 1000rwkw's!! And before you all ask me the same question YES it will be a street engine going in to the F6. I do not want to divulge any more at this stage and I will be starting a different thread about this after new years. I am busy focusing on this 10sec pass for now, surely you all understand!!

Cheers

Spiko

With out sounding to self-assured, I think Spiro is being a bit modest when saying it is going to make 1000rwkw... :-)

Kind regards

CV Performance