Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• Member For: 17y 2m 15d

No they are part of the full exhaust! Are the BF tail lights diferent? I haven't even noticed LOL.

post-6379-125990374324_thumb.jpg

post-6379-125990378511_thumb.jpg

First of all good luck on getting a Ten.

See you a making the power to get it there easily, did you make that power with the exhaust

the way it is currently or was that pre adding the split and extra muffler.

just asking as the split being well done could have been better with a weld on around

the the end of the larger pipe so you could have grinded it smooth for minute better flow.

Also the fact that the single splits into 2 would also hurt exhaust flow aswell the extra

bends in the flow path.

I have been thinking of adding a second outlet on the left on mine but only a fake,

just havn't been able to find any cannons that have a 3.5" internal diameter.

What internal diameter are the ones you have chose.

The other option I'm thinking about is to run a hot dog with a 4" dumpy exit with

fake dumpy other side. I have wanted to do this from the begining as never liked the

X-Force going from single 3.5" into a twim exit muffler.

As soon as I build my engine and do the driveshafts I will also be aiming

to get that first manual 10, just hope I can before you get there.

Good luck

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 22d

All power runs have been achieved with the full exhaust and splits!!! The welding and filing you are suggesting have taken place I just do not have a photo of it at the moment!

As far as restrictive flow on my exhaust is concerned there isn't any, it is one of very few exhausts in the country that actually continues 4" over the diff, which then split into twin 3". It has 3 mufflers all in all, one 4 " magnaflow before the diff and twin 3.5" cannons with 4" tips to complete the setup! 6Boost spent one whole week on the exhaust it wasn't easy, the photo's do not do it justice, the result in flow is the best I have seen in the 5 to 6 years I have been involved with these cars!!

• Gold Donating Members

Spiko . What gasket r u using on the head ? and stud kit?

Hey Trav,

Standard Ford head gasket mate, & standard Ford studs!!!!

The only stud kit on the car is on the bottom end champ!

Edited by SPIKO

• Member For: 17y 2m 15d

All power runs have been achieved with the full exhaust and splits!!! The welding and filing you are suggesting have taken place I just do not have a photo of it at the moment!

As far as restrictive flow on my exhaust is concerned there isn't any, it is one of very few exhausts in the country that actually continues 4" over the diff, which then split into twin 3". It has 3 mufflers all in all, one 4 " magnaflow before the diff and twin 3.5" cannons with 4" tips to complete the setup! 6Boost spent one whole week on the exhaust it wasn't easy, the photo's do not do it justice, the result in flow is the best I have seen in the 5 to 6 years I have been involved with these cars!!

Sweet 4" over the diff, that would have taken some close fitting and time, I used a 3" magnaflow on a 351w TD Cortina I had years ago

after reading a comparsion on the 10 top mufflers at the time, they where like 3rd best overall best equal Flow & the cheapest.

Also produced a nice sweet sound at WOT with unattracting sound while cruising.

Car went very well and impressed lots.

Been thinking of also swapping the X-Force center for a Magnaflow but dont know if its the right move as my X-Force

system seems to be working quite well.

It would be good if I could find some CFM readings for the X-Force & Magnaflow Muffler.

• Member For: 14y 7m 22d

Hey Trav,

Standard Ford head gasket mate, & standard Ford studs!!!!

The only stud kit on the car is on the bottom end champ!

So they didnt say u may blow a head gasket at 35 ? I want to spin mine to 40 but they want to re do the studs and do a bronze and o ring seal I wish they did this the first time and would have saved a fair bit but any way

• Gold Donating Members

Trav,

They did say I would be pushing the limit, the choice to go for it is mine, my turbo won't make any more substantial power after 36 or 37 and I believe that my top end will handle this boost for race tune only! (I have recently serviced the head, studs,valve springs & lifters for this tune).

Your turbo will continue to make power all the way to 42 or 45psi, so I believe like they suggest it will be more necessary and safe for your setup!

Hope this helps, when you began this build did you think you were going to consider that much boost?

Cheers

Spiro

• Member For: 14y 7m 22d

Trav,

They did say I would be pushing the limit, the choice to go for it is mine, my turbo won't make any more substantial power after 36 or 37 and I believe that my top end will handle this boost for race tune only! (I have recently serviced the head, studs,valve springs & lifters for this tune).

Your turbo will continue to make power all the way to 42 or 45psi, so I believe like they suggest it will be more necessary and safe for your setup!

Hope this helps, when you began this build did you think you were going to consider that much boost?

Cheers

Spiro

Yer I wanted to go to 40 psi last time . But I dont think they want to go past 40 with the lifters . I only want to max it out once just to see how power it really has. I have the quote on how much it is going to cost for the new gasket set up but I'm not real sure having that good of a seal is a good or a bad thing with that much boost