Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

cool just doing some leg work for a mate ,making sure hes heading down the right path thanks again spikey

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 14d

Motec FTW!!!!!

we run full motec fun in the boat and I love it , easy to use , so many things u can do with it without needs bunches of other hardware

boats are one of the harshest evrironments for this gear , we have drowned the boat a few times and no problems yet!

• Like 1

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 27d

Spiro... Those Tyres look like semis on the rear? Are they for the street?

I assume you'll run full slicks? I'm guessing even semis would be pointless with this many ponies!!!

• Dragons Lair Motorsport
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

Spiro... Those Tyres look like semis on the rear? Are they for the street?

I assume you'll run full slicks? I'm guessing even semis would be pointless with this many ponies!!!

I will be running both my friend, (it isn't pointless when you have the Motec set up this way, you can apply and remove power at will in half a second increments, that's how the boys in the US run 200mph on 28x9 tires Worm) I will dial the car in on semi's and low power, yes they are for the street & then bolt on the full slicks and go nanna's...LOL :sungum:

post-47406-0-52480000-1340573525_thumb.j post-47406-0-05505400-1340573558_thumb.j

Edited by DLM
  • Like 5

• Member For: 15y 8m 24d

Hi Spiro,

thanks for the great service,phone calls and emails during the C4/C10 purchase, considering the circumstances.

I had no idea you were sick,

Prime example of the unselfish and professional attitude you have towards your customers, regardless of how you are feeling.

Once again, thanks.

As for the car,

Love the setup, mate.

Sounds very sharp in the video.

I also just wanted to add to the ECU list for full DBW FORD control,without the need for adaptors or other interface or control units, if I may.

For those wishing to have this control that cant afford MOTEC, the ViPEC V88 works spot on.

I have done both XR6T and XR8 with V88 and full DBW control.

There is also a new Aussie ECU under development at present, all the bells and whistles with Ethernet comms, full DBW control,CANBUS etc,etc.

Should be ready for release later this year, the brand name is EMTRON.

Spiro,

take care, I wish you all the best mate.

Regards

Dave.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11d

Hey Dave,

Thank you for your kind words, as far as the Vipec option is concerned I haven't had much personal experience with the unit however I have heard of plenty success stories, I intend to look into this option further and see if we can provide the (in the middle option) through DLM in the near future...

• Member For: 15y 7m 22d

Looking good. Maybe I should lay off the hrs at work and start getting stuff together for mine. Sometimes we need to be reminded life is short. All the best bud il be in touch soon.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Dragons Lair Motorsport
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

The Dragon finally got to see some power runs on the engine dyno yesterday, to say we are pleased with 1600+HP on E90 is an understatement! Further testing today with methanol will be conducted, stay tuned on here and our Face Book wall for updates. Below is a little vid and dyno graph for your enjoyment. Almost forgot to mention that this result as far as we know makes us the most powerful Ford Inline 6 cylinder on the planet! Gotta be happy with that fella's.. :blind:

post-47406-0-45543100-1346190271_thumb.j

This vid is a very early pull, probably the 3rd or 4th pull still sorting out plenty, I dont have footage of the 1600+ but we will take some more video today!

Enjoy!

Edited by DLM
  • Like 1