Project Manual Typhoon 9 Sec

SPIKO

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d

Have a listen to old mate in the commentating tower giving us some support :icon_ford::icon_ford: He knows we are testing the car and we are having some dramas but he still has plenty to say.... What a smartarse :censored:

He is right though..... It didn't really do anything... :dontknow: :dontknow:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Great to see this thing in action, god it sounds good on full noise turboboink.gif

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 3d

Burnouts are a bit average, I do bigger skids in my jocks.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 15d

Pretty sure I seen some air under that left front wheel spiko, ill back ya mate, it'll be an animal once sorted.

Any chance of it coming to Sydney dragway??

Leo

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 30d

Haha, its easy to sit in the grand stand and throw stones isn't it, feel free to start your own threads with your awesome efforts..... Oh that's right, you only know how to TELL others how awesome you are :roflmbo:

To be honest, while the first outing was in some aspects disappointing, it was also possibly the best thing that could have happened, as getting Spiro accustomed to the car after such extensive mods was certainly in order. To some they think you just pull up in the water and do a skid, then launch her and away you go. Now take into consideration that fact the car has virtually no vacuum, so no brakes in the burnout, then you have 28x10' slicks to turn and not wanting to over rev it in the burnout with the hydrualic valvetrain. You then also have 3 times the traction on the launch to consider over an IRS falcon, and moving 4000lb WITH traction and a lock up clutch is no mean feat. Oh, that's without taking into consideration the 1000hp that wants to tear you a new arsehole in every gear turning the 10" slicks like 175 radials. Couple this to trying to do it all on the stock computer, with 1000cc injectors and 30+psi on mapping that stops at 22 with race fuel due to bottoming the load cell, and all of a sudden you have a whole f*cking HEAP of factors to take into consideration that most experts will only ever dream about experiencing let alone doing themselves.

I feel for Spiro, as standing out above the croud and sharing all makes for an easy target, but luckily he has built this car for himself and to please himself, and judging by the smile on his face being able to launch on the 2 step last night, I have to say I don't think anyone could take that joy away from him :beerchug: Thankyou to all those who show and give their support, we will continue to iron her out over the coming weeks and look forward to the last 3 solid weeks of work coming to fruition for Spiro and team. I have had a huge day but will get some nice vids up tomorrow night. :buttrock:

6BOOST

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 17d

Ah well spiko chin up mate you live to fight another day, I will go on to say though, you have come this far with the car mate maybe you should go just that bit further and throw in a Motec and a Cable throttlebody to tune it properly without the hiccup's of the factory ECU.

Goodluck with it all mate.

Steve

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 5d

I have a lowly 500 odd horsepowers at the rears in my auto daily, 2700 rpm converter and 1st gear is almost useless until you get to 5000 rpm. But breaking loose in 3rd (in a straight line) aint gonna happen.

I couldn't imagine trying to put that much power to the ground let alone run a time with it. And in a manual. Forgedaboudit.

Crazy stuff indeed Spiro and team. You guys will get there and I'm guessing beyond there as well.

Thanks for some very interesting motoring indeed :buttrock:

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 3d

a friken 1.6x 60" ... that's all that matters! Keep them up and that 9 will turn into an 8!

An 8 hey?

@6boost, Need a hug mate?