Reality Check

F6 UTE

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d

Is the car in perth Ben?

Nope, Melbourne car.

I hope my airbags work alittle better

Well maybe if you had a head on at the kind of speed that driver did, yours might... No curatin airbags in that car though.

Dollars can buy you dyno figures but that aint gonna increase your ability ...

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

Dollars can buy you dyno figures but that aint gonna increase your ability ...

Amen to that.

It scares me that there are some many hypo xr6t's out there these days in the hands of drivers that haven't "grown up" in hi powered cars. 400rwkw is the new 300. 300rwkwn is still 400hp for farks sake. Nothing to be sneezed at or taken lightly.

My wife,family,friends are out on the roads with car like this being driven by people who may or may not have the capability to control the car (or there own rushes of blood to the head)

Im not saying im perfect or have never done anything silly in a car, but i've said it before, at 21 i thought i could drive, now staring down the barrel of 30 i know i had NFI.

end/rant

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

Anybody else spot the handwheel on the steering wheel (ala disabled driver?)

looks more like a nos button to me :wtcslap:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m

and it's not just 30's and 40's but any point of the age spectum.

Many have come unstuck despite their experience on and off the track.

Don't take this advice at your own peril.

Drive safely people

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 9d

Damn that is some scary stuff.

Much of what has already been said is so right.

Truth is that an early BA is a cheapish car now and with a few grand is poking out 300kw. Just in the last week I have met two people here in NZ that have exceeded 300kw without spending a penny on brakes or suspension. Both are under 25, both have cars over 100,000km (read pretty worn suspension) and despite the fact that both of them seemed like responsible guys there is no getting away from the fact that when these things cut loose they are one hell of a big fish to try to catch again.

One of the biggest things I have noticed as I have worked through brakes and suspension on my BA is just how truly shocking the factory stuff was after 80,000km. Predictable was a word reserved for other cars, responsive was a dream, braking was......well you all know how wonderful factory brakes are.

I dont doubt for a minute that 3k spent on suspension and brakes would net pretty much the same benefits around a circuit as 3k spent on power mods.

Nonetheless, getting back to the OP.....that's one hell of a way to learn.

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 21d

Very sad the pictures above and I agree with all the comments too.

I remember after I had the Stage 2 fitted on my old purple car one time I left work... a bit angry and wanted to take it out on something. That thing almost was about 5 cars, people really just like me on their way home from work, myself and my car. Cold tyres and 350rwkw don't mix. I swapped 3 lanes up the freeway from the merging lane in 3rd with my last memory of it heading towards the embankment to my left at nearly 90 degrees at over 120kph in the outside lane of the freeeay, somehow I managed to straighten it up and ended up in the lane I had started from... the merging lane. I didn't spin and I don't know how and I didn't hit anyone else, once again I don't how.

The pictures above is how I would've looked if a pole had been in the way. Lucky for me it wasn't but still brings those memories back like it was yesterday.

Jack :wtcslap: