Disabling Dsc

nik38

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 27d

Well........

by the look of my rear tyres compared with the fronts...

My 2009 FG XR6 has no throttle reduction when DSC is switched off!

And, to be honest... I am only really replying to this post cos I'm a little inebriated, and got so much entertainment from all the fireworks!!

Phuck me, if someone owns or drives any type of vehicle and can't feel whether there is ANY type of programmed electronic driver aid intervening the drivers action/reaction to control the vehicle.

Then maybe they should not be in that seat with the steering wheel in front of them???

In my opinion, everyone should learn to drive in an old overpowered sh*tbox with bald tyres on a wet circuit...

when you can feel what a car is about to do, before it's too late to need all the electronic IDIOT proof programs, only then you should be allowed to sit for your licence..

Yes, yes, they can be great features to have (for those times you are in auto pilot), but that's always a bit of food for thought.

Should you be driving a motor vehicle in this state of mind (hoping the car sees what you really should already be watching?)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

The more safety features the better.  And the more control (degree of on or off ) you have the better.  

My VF SSVR is awesome I can turn off dsc or traction or bother together.  And have a degree of both with competitive mode 

MY BA F6 only has traction which  I leave off.  As since tuning it is useless

The BF F6 is far better.  Works fine tuned.

With my BA BF when traction is off Its fully off. 

I gather FG would work great.   But I know you cant turn them off seperatly (Traction and DSC)

Edited by arronm

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

I'm not a fan of TC/DSC at all in my FG

It's an 08 though, from comments in this thread 09+ models may be less intrusive?

Unless I forget, it's off before I'm out of any driveway 

• Donating Members

Haha, just read my reply from last night!

(appears it was a bit bigger than I remember!)

But yeah, I still switch all aids off before I leave the driveway too camo86t.

Maybe it's just the comfort of actually being the one in control/responsible for my passenger's and my own safety, instead of trusting something that uses less realtime information than myself to "react"

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

best to leave it on unless you're going to be doing something intentional without it soon :) plus... in a powerful car, the system can't keep up anyway when you're hammering it and turns itself off haha (BA)

• Donating Members

I always wondered why it does that.

My ex destroyed the side of my supercharged XR8 while reversing it though the driveway gates...

It was wet grass and she jumped sideways and dragged the gate from the rear bumper to the front guard...

She got the sh!ts with me because t/c didn't do anything to save her!!