Disabling Dsc

nik38

• Member For: 18y 7m 9d

Hmmm,

Just read all of this...

My Fg F6 does do what the guy was suggesting.

If I disengage DSC, ie press down the button and it will say DSC off, power is still being cut when I get the rear end out.

What is interesting is someone commented that if the DSC light flashes while DSC disengaged, something is wrong. This is happening to me and it is making the car annoying to drive in a spirited manner.

I think ill talk to Ford about this. Anyone else have this issue or just me?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Stupid question, but it's not the LSD doing it's work that you guys are confusing with the electronic intervention is it?

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 6m 17d

actually I think the issue you guys are having is similar to the problem hiro had with his ute - apparently its something in the transmission causing the problem - enricco is yours auto???

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 20d

sounds to me like what your saying is that the brakes on the trailer come on when you hit a bump... sounds pretty normal to me.

If the trailer is braked it usually works off a moving ball mount, so that when your trailer starts to push the car, like down hill, the brakes come on, if however you hit a bump the trailer brakes will get a thump through the mount and jam them on for a second, probably not that dangerous because it will straighten up the trailer by pulling the two straight again.

The other possibility is that the FG has trailer assist, where the DSC changes when a trailer is plugged into the socket. I don't know if the FG has it but that could explain a little.

The wheel position is not measured by DSC, just the wheel speed. So a vertical movement of the wheel wont be picked up on a falcon.

I have trouble believing that Traction control can be turned off without DSC anyway, considering its the same thing, except DSC contains a YAW sensor to tell what the vehicle is doing momentum wise.

• blind leading the blind
  • Member For: 15y 6m 17d

yeah hiro is definately having that problem too - so I would say its nothing to do with dsc and more to do with tranny

• 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...