Disabling Dsc

nik38

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 14y 8m 27d

hi v, as far as my t ute is concerned,09 fg,stability control is not switchable. The dsc switch allows traction control to be disabled,however the stability control remains activated and is unswitchable. Im starting to think that lowering the vehicle may be a way to delay it from coming in so early,but would prefer not to drop it and at this stage I am unable to find a tuner who knows how to disable it via the pcm. I wont get a flash tune unless im guarenteed they can remove stability control.

• Member For: 20y 11m 24d

Ford do not sell a vehicle that has an unswitchable DSC. You can turn it off. Read the owners manual.

You either need to press the button twice or hold it down for a few secs to turn it off.

Edited by Venom XR6

• Member For: 16y 11m 29d

I dont see why somebody would want DSC. removed on a street car bangcomputer.gif

my cars tuned has a tad over 300rwkw is lowered on bilstein shocks bigger front and rear sway bars has 19inch after market wheels and the dsc still works although not as good as it did standard its still saved my ass a few times in the wet and dry

I can understand not wanting it and traction control at the track and its as simple as holding down the botton for 3 secs or so and they both turn off in a bf at least anyway

if your driving your car on the street hard enough to need the dsc and traction off all the time your either going to end up with your car in the police impound or lose your license

cheers trev

Hi T, I was under the impression that stability control was switchable on my ute and that was a major factor when I bought it,as I did not want it. So, at its 3k check I informed ford service that stability control was not turning off when the dsc symbol on the dash told me, dsc off. I was then informed by ford service that when the dsc was deactivated it was not meant to turn off stability control, so that means its false advertising or ford service did not want to fix my car. However, rather than pursue a headache with ford I was hoping a tuner or someone on this site knows whether or not stability control can be disabled via the pcm. My reasons for wanting full control of my car have nothing to do with impounding the vehicle or losing my licence. Stability control may not be a issue for you but it is for me.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

...when the dsc was deactivated it was not meant to turn off stability control...

Umm...DSC is (dynamic) stability control :3gears:

guys, please dont insult my intelligence. I know what the friggin manual says and I know that turning the dsc switch off is only disabling traction control in my car and not disabling any other part of the stability control which includes braking and engine control/throttle control which it should be cutting the whole lot out when you use the dsc switch as per owners manual. That is why I brought the issue up with ford and I am simply telling you what they told me. I have asked whether or not anyone has disabled the dsc via the pcm. I have not asked how to use the friggin switch nor have I asked for advise on whether I should be turning it off or not. So please, as a fellow ford member who respects others can you please read the question I am asking before you answer. Regards nik,fellow ford member.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

I quoted/questioned your own words FFS...just wanted to make sure you knew exactly what you were talking about. Terribly sorry if this has offended you. :bangcomputer:

I don't know of anyone that's done what you're asking...your best bet would be to call a tuner and ask them.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 5d

Nik,

I think you are not being told the truth.

The DSC and Traction control is switched OFF if you hold the button down for a few seconds. You cannot just turn off one, they will both turn on/off together.

The orange light with the car skidding will pop up on the dash. This means you have no electronic fun police.

My FG has been on the track and I can confirm that the DSC is OFF when you do the above.

As for the tuner disabling this, I do not believe it is possible as the DSC is part of the BEM and has not been cracked yet.

As others have mentioned, I do not know why you would want this permenantly disabled, as it is a very important safety feature of the car.

You should also reread what you have written and see that it is a tad cryptic, we are here to help, but will not put up with crap.