How Much Should I Pay For Custom Tune

neo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 17d

I'm pretty sure most tuners would have a variety of tunes to suit mods etc and would get pretty close straight up and then would fine tune it to be exact. Whether its takes them half an hour or all day your still going to pay full tune cost as your paying for their research and development.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 7d

There are true 'custom tunes' and ones that are kinda close. Irrespective of how much data and R&D a shop has done, I still expect my car to be logged and tweaked then repeat until it's bang on. There are shops that are plugging in generic tunes pretty much based on mods and nothing else. Quick AFR check and out she goes. They're the ones that normally come back or the owner goes somewhere else to get a better result.

• Like 2

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 13d

I had a good tune then the turbo went. So I thought fark it upgrade everything as I had the money. Long story short I went to a tuner that was highly recommend. Seemed ok ish but not good. Went back and after a whole day was told that the idle and other tune stuff was loaded from another car and it (Should) be fine. WRONG...

The tune that was put into mine is another forum members tune and even his car runs like sh*t. Spend big money and some tuners have no pride. The wrong attitude.

Walbro 400l

exhaust sealer

Tune (one only 98)

Xcal4

$2290.

And the way it runs its farking bullsh*t. I have no time for tuners that are in it for $$$ and dont take pride in what they do.

Cheers butt plug.

Bale before jd's get a 10 second pass lol.

Not a dig just saying we could have ran a 10....

After hearing about the results and the customer service a fellow fourm member has revived from a shop in Adelaide and the attitude from the owner towards him. (Im not happy until you are happy ) shows how proud of his work he is and that's the type of person that I want to send my car to.

Im more then happy to spend the coin if the results and it runs well. Not stalling or revs bouncing between 400rpm and 800rpm below 30km/h slowing down. Its farked.

One day ill have a happy ending(no pun intended) just like bomber. ;)

Edit: I have meny other mods done so its not the lack of mods. Cheers :D

Edited by Bizkets is fat?
  • Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

We were extremely grateful to work on your car brad and glad it was what u expected the first time around

Unfortunately I had to refer you to a tuner that had in the past had an immaculate history but has obviously fumbled of recent times, it's a bad feeling recomending people to a place who have not done the right thing

Sorry mate but we can't control others even if they told me directly they would look after our customers

Id love to do it all again but I just can't supply the demand

Good but a bad feeling :)

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 23d

Go on a cruise and talk to the people in person then you can get a good idea of who's who and who's good currently I've seen expensive tuners who do bad work and vice versa and every workshop even the best one will have a bad review but unless you know the full facts you cannot understand what happened.