How Much Should I Pay For Custom Tune

neo

• Member For: 15y 4m 19d

I don t understand how 2 good tune shops with great proven results can have such a varied pricing scheme. I know u pay for quality but are some taking the piss!Id like to stay for the whole process to c if my 6-8 hours were all spent on MY car!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 12d

I know when dave did my car price was $700 I think and I stood around and watched the master work probably took 6h but there was alot of talking and he explained bits and pieces and also gapped plugs and installed injectors. He even let me run it up on the dyno a few times while he was tweaking the tunes, was a great experience.

• Member For: 15y 4m 19d

How long did injectors and gapping take? 1-2hrs maybe??? So u would say 4-5 hours of actual tuning. Im not having a stab. I like a lot of others just trying to find some clear water.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 12d

mmm yea plugs took a little longer then expected, first plug was kinda cross threaded, the car had only done 60xxxkm and I knew the previous owner and he had never touched it so I can only assume it was from factory. We cleaned that up and did injectors probably took about 1-2h. And dave does part of his tuning on road, he has done so many hes got a fair idea of what the car is going to be like, then fine tunes on the dyno which probably took 4h all up. started at 8 and I was gone by 2 in the arve

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 16y 11m 23d

only thing I can say is I have never heard a bad thing about tunehouse (which is rare even for the better tune shops)except their expensive

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 12d

I know when dave did my car price was $700 I think and I stood around and watched the master work probably took 6h but there was alot of talking and he explained bits and pieces and also gapped plugs and installed injectors. He even let me run it up on the dyno a few times while he was tweaking the tunes, was a great experience.

That's great IMO. A fair and reasonable price and sounds like good fun at the same time. Dave souds like a dude, he has given me advice in the past so I definately give him the thumbs up :-)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 6d

Two thumbs up for dave from me... awesome tune, and he lets you run it up on the dyno once he's got the tune sorted.

Genuine, and awesome at what he does, and affordable. I'm having a re-tune done next thursday to make sure all is well by Dave again seeing as though I'm running all new gear now.

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m

I'll have to make the trip up to dave too once I get the atomic motor in and the plenum on :unsure: . I've been meaning to get up there to see him for ages but it always get pushed back due to something else happening.

Good luck with the tune dude!

Edited by RUS531

• 5 years later...