Trade-In Fg Pricing

Raging

• Member For: 15y 7m 12d

Hey guys,

Just curious to know if anyone has had any experience, or prices quoted to them, in trading in an FG XR6T??

I got quoted over the phone at $34k, they asked to see the car, commented how its in immaculate condition and that it had good extras on it etc etc.

The next day they tell me that the trade in price is now $30k.......wtf is up with that?? I thought with dealers trying to do business they would try to give you a good deal, but apparently not?! I'm going to lose money on it either way, but due to unforseen circumstances we need a car with a little bit more room.

So be interesting to know if anyone has any feedback.

Cheers

Edited by Raging

Try selling private. It's more of a pain but well worth it, you'll get 5k-7k more for it and won't need to deal with the pond scum(dealers). :dontknow:

Yeah I do realise this, but have asked around for a while, and no one seems overly interested, or if they are, they can't produce the coin. Getting to the point where I might have to lose that extra couple of grand. Used car market isn't at its best, especially seeing most dealers/manufacturors, are doing pretty good deals on new cars.

• Member For: 14y 8m 5d

I went into a Ford dealer with my old car to see what they would offer me trade. Initially the offer was $11k, but when I came back seriously interested the offer was $7k. Ended up selling privately for $13k.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 20d

Raging,

What are the details on your car. Age, klms, auto/man, options etc.

You will get more private but agree it can be a real pain, it will also depend what is for sale at the same time. (carsales.com etc)

Subject to time restraints, even try private for a couple of weeks and see what bites you get.

Good luck.

Raging,

What are the details on your car. Age, klms, auto/man, options etc.

You will get more private but agree it can be a real pain, it will also depend what is for sale at the same time. (carsales.com etc)

Subject to time restraints, even try private for a couple of weeks and see what bites you get.

Good luck.

09/08 Build Nitro FG XR6T, ZF Auto

31,000kms

Safety Pack

Technology Pack

Tinted Windows

Tow bar

Bonnet/headlight protectors

Tyres only have 8k on them, so near new

11 months rego

Car is in VGC.

I've checked on car sales, cars the same age with less options are still fetching around the $40k from dealers. I've advertised it around CQ for $38neg. I always try to sell privately before trading it in at the stealership, but have had no luck.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 20d

Hi Raging,

The problem is you have a well optioned car and unfortunately people often wont pay for the extras second hand.

There is an 03/2009 plain XR6T Auto(no options)in Silver with 6500KLMS, he has had it on carsales for several weeks and is currently asking $37,500. I would have thought this would sell really quickly but hasn't.

Maybe the market is just a little flat due to interest rates being talked up.

Keep positive and keep advertising, anything above the offered trade is a bonus.

Pete

Yeah my mate just traded his 08 xr6t ute in an he got 35 he had done 15000k I think

35k trade in for an 08 xr6t ute! that's a bloody great price! Where did he get that? And what car did he trade it in for, that might make a difference with the pricing?

• Member For: 15y 9m 30d

im not sure which dealer it was he lives in morley so which ever ford is closest I guess, he traded up to a g6 coz he needed a family car for the kids an stuff, it depends on if your buying another car off them I guess but hes a fast talker lol