My Build To A 9Sec 1/4

d rangd

• Member For: 16y 9m 13d

looks mean as, just a question though maybe ETM could answer. is there any reason for putting the turbo on that much of a angle, I just noticed cause the bend of the dump pipe looks like it could be alot less if the compressor housing was closer to the rocker cover, im sure it will make bugger all if any difference, just a question,

looking good but

• Member For: 17y 1m 5d

If it were on less of an angle the air filter pipe would hit the power steering pump. Fitting a gt42 into a ba engine bay there is a lot of things to take into account that most people probably dont notice when they look at it finished in the engine bay.

• Member For: 15y 5m 2d

dont know if it really matters but having it on an angle like that lets the hot side piping go straight down (id say its around 20-30 degrees), as opposed to a 90 degree bend if it has to leave the comp housing perpendicular to the block, if the comp housings straight. typhoon freak..seen ya car at the plaza not bad yourself. will post pictures up of the exhaust next week, damn he does a good job. also got a billet fuel rail from mr parts, are these any good? also thinking of weapon x ignition coils off ebay...anybody have anythign to say about these?

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 27d

Some comments on Weapon X HERE

Look forward to the finished mean machine! Build looking awesome too! Great work!

beerchug.gif

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 7d

Will be interesting to see how they stand up. ive had coil problems even before the rebuild so im sure with the extra heat there could be even more issues

Edited by qik1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11d

just a few more pictures, exhaust, intake and hot side all done, just got to get the fuel system and tune to get on the road. dont imagine the cvs will last long haha

Any updates d rangd?

• Member For: 15y 5m 2d

hey man. nah I have been STUFFED around by the performance shop. cars been gone 8 weeks and has seen the hoist for about 2 weeks max of that. im off for a month now so itll be staying there until I get back. VERY unhappy. ive bought an autronic for the car so I will be getting the car back with the standard ecu tune, probably about 420kw, then get the rear end installed, plus moly cage, transbrake, slicks etc. then I would be rapt if I could trailer it back to cv for some real service, and a killer tune and setup with the autronic...really pissed about the service of the shop and the bullsh*t ive been fed, should of had it back a month ago. cannot speak higher of exhaust innovations though