My Build To A 9Sec 1/4

d rangd

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 22d

As long as you had some fun Quinn, I'm just glad your finally driving & remember there's no rush mate! At this level you will need to spend substantial time familiarizing your self with the car and slicks ;-)

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

Looks Awesome Quinn! I feel proud looking at the height you've got out of that front end!

As spiro said, you have to get used to the slicks with so little psi. If it still gets a bit taily you can look at fitting a lowered spring for the rear or a bigger rear sway bar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 13d

just had a 4 wheel alignment so hopefully that will help. no tune days till after winternats but then ill be back. had a bit of a drive around town on street tyres and suspension...I tell you what. 16psi doesnt give much traction till 150kmh. (in this dream I had anyways)

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 4d

Hey mate, how is the car going ?

What sort of power was it putting out through the auto at 28psi ? Was is the converter causing problems ?

Any current power figures through the auto ?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 13d

well just for anybody interested, the cars for sale, there has been a bit more done to the car mostly sorting out little problems like stall converter adjustment, wheel alignment and gearbox check and freshen up after some seals let go...latest tune on e85 made 757hp with a (gt4202r, t400 box) thanks to hitorque they have more than helped me out with running me through the setup and doing a couple of runs down the quarter. the best being a 10.1 at 137 on about 22-23psi...driving these things is definately not as easy as I thought and seeing as I wanted to see 'how to do it' one of the boys from the shop did the fastest time, best I did was only 11.2 on 16psi rolling start. this is the rundown on how he did the run: stage, put in 2nd gear (because in first it creeps off the line before reaching full boost) and 2 on eboost (20psi), foot on brake stall till screamer opens, foot off brake/ hand brake off/ shift back to first gear (all at the same time!), hit 2nd gear and reach forward and click one setting up on eboost (24 psi)..im all out of money for this build and the fact ive lost my licence in a big way means I cant use this car like id like to (get a new boost map to get the 9)..if anyones interested in this car send me a pm for carsales link or pictures

• BANNED
  • Banned
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Mate step back take a breath and close your eyes.......

Now give her a bath and go to bed

Wake up tomorrow and formulate a plan for the 9sec pass.. still need motorvation?

PM me

Because I would love to be a part of this !!!

• Like 1