My Build To A 9Sec 1/4

d rangd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 12d

well back to the shop today, got some koni street coilovers for the front and should get the low springs in the back so it doesnt look like a 4by anymore :P got the new 3200 converter going in and getting the box serviced...also a mal wood dif hat as I blew the dif hat last week (only lasted a few days!), along with a chromeoly tailshaft...hopefully get a good talk with kent about a good atomic rebuild and what we can do to really open things up...hopfully sort some slicks out shortly and get to the track also

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 17d

Its good to hear something is happening & you can finally drive it mate, but as ive found out time & time again there will always be something. Have fun putting those braided hoses on there abit tight initially but be patient they will go on the only problem is once you do them you'll want them all done.

yeah I spent about 3-4 hours putting them on last weekend, cut my hands up pretty bad haha. and you cant get the anodised clamp covers on most of the hoses...all good though, I just wanted them for the back otherwise the stock ones would melt.

• Member For: 13y 9m 5d

seeing as theres a few big builds going on atm thought id let everyone know whats happening to the old tweakn car from cv:P this next upgrade should see a 9 im hoping. list of mods: atomic engine, ported/ polished heads, big cams, process west stage 3 kit, etm gt42rs kit all hpc coated with a 60mm gate and screamer, 4 inch stainless exhaust, twin 044 pumps off a pw surge with an 800hp intank, to an etm modified standard fuel rail and 83lb injectors, 3 speed havily built t400 box with 3500 stall. sticking with the standard computer for the moment but will upgrade to an autronic if things get serious enough. after tuning its off to mal wood to put in 1000hp half shafts and a kazz diff centre and possibly a transbrake. lm hoping for around 500kw atw. going down to see the car tomorrow so ill post up a few pictures of where its at

Hi my name is Charlie Shaw from Scotland this is my website. www.charlesshaw.co.uk

I own a 800hp focus with cosworth running gear but I have recently found out about you guys and xr6 engines with 1000hp, is this reliable and could you tell me a bit about them and how much they cost please and who is the best engine builder to speak to???

Charlie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

had BIG dramas....blew oil pump, so stripped motor, found the motor had standard head, no head or main studs....so I suspect some bloody poor service has stolen parts from motor.....anyways should haveit back next week AGAIN...will have full stage 4 head, 7 axis cnc port job, 300 degree stage 5 cams, inconel valves, titanium retainers, nascar walve springs etc etc...going to put m&w cdi with mercury outboard coil packs, still waiting on wheels...had the converter loosened to 3000rpm, last time was taking off like a bus until boost...so hopefully will be off tap now, hows yours brandon?