My Build To A 9Sec 1/4

d rangd

• Member For: 15y 4m 12d

well I went down today, they were trying to start it and finishing off the wiring, so hopefully next week. all the cdi and ecu is in so just all the little stuff. they have been really good, dont mean to make it sound like they havent been doing anything. they are a mad shop and havent stopped since I dropped it off. it just took a while for them to find out actually how much bps f*cked the car up though I think... cant say enough bad stuff about THAT shop

and mic, hi torque have done ten times more than bps did in 7 months in 3 weeks so I dont think itll be there that long (I hope!) haha

• 2 weeks later...

breaking news! I have heard it will be dynoed again on monday! (not dynoed again, just told :P_) I think they are serious now though, ecu/cdi is all finished and kent has told me that they have had some issues with the program BPS had on the ecu which he had to walk through over the phone with autronic (NOT SURPRISED AS BPS FFUUUUCCCKKKKEEEEDDDDDDDD EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE CAR!!!!!). ive got nothing else but words to give for the thousands of dollars and months of time ive wasted with that amateur shop. I would not recommend this shop to ANYBODY I say again! so should have some figures hopefully early next week anyways :blink:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

fingers crossed for ya champspoton.gif

One thing I have to admire your patience.

I would have either blown a gasket or killed someone after what you have been through

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

They must have had James on the job for the months it was there.

Ripping out the ECU was a dumb and dumber decision. I have done ECU installs and you go one step at a time. Piggy back the bare essentials, get the car started and tuned a little then piggy back the balance.

Rip everything out, wire everything in the one hit and it doesnt start, then there is alot of head scratching even for the pros like me.

About us

At BPS we understand you passion for your car, that's why our mechanics have the knowledge, expertise and same passion as you.

We aim to provide our customers with nothing but the best in service and advice, whether you drive an Audi or a Zonda you will receive the same quality workmanship. We have a solid work ethic combined with an understanding of customer needs this results in a well rounded work force.

Our brand new workshop has the latest Dyno Dynamics 4 wheel drive Dyno. Three hoists and full servicing facilities from utes to GT3's and with our mechanics that treat your car with the care and attention they would thier own why would you go elsewhere.

Meet the Team

Our mechanics have over 60 years experience - if they dont know the answer its not worth knowing.

James - The owner and Manger having worked in the Porsche Carrera Cup and the motor industry for 29 years and gaining vast knowledge of ECUs and mapping his skills are second to none. James prides himself on providing the best quality service with great results.

Andrew - Our head mechanic Andrew has worked in the Automotive industry for 19 years. He is a top mechanic, with a wide range of skills including engine building. His out of work passion for Cars shows in his everyday work.

Danny - Danny is our metal machinist /fabricator and welder. Having worked in the UK for Neil Brown performance (Honda Racing) and working both sides of the V8s with Walkingshaw peformance and KRE Engines Danny has expert knowledge of engines.

James - Our excellent apprentice, having worked within the company for 3 years he has a great understanding of the customers needs and wants, he has a fantastic working attiude with a vast knowledge of cars and the mechanics of them.

Performance through Technology

With the latest in Dyno tuning we can give you the best results.

Our Dyno tuning will not only improve your cars performance but give you great fuel economy, our real time dyno tuning shows your car at its best and you will also receive a print out of your results. With our mapping and ECU technology at the highest level combined with our fully trained technician your results can only be the best.

We are constantly up dating our systems and machinery to give you the best service.

BPS is all about giving you the customer the right service.

Check us out on facebook - here you will find up to the minute photos and information about the cars we have into the workshop you can also receive great deals that can only be found through our facebook page check out James BPS and our group BPS.

what did you put that up for? obviously he has some skill BUT he couldnt get a standalone harness going for the car, and promised me the cars air con, dash, interior command, central locking etc WOULD still work, which is why I did it! but now I know its common knowledge that you cant do standalone harnesses for these cars because of the CAN security system. ofcourse they promised a WHOLE BUCH OF sh*t, which is why I went along with it FOR 6 MONTHS!! andrew is a top bloke and mechanic and all work he did was done straight away and was good as. james is the weak link and hes the owner. hes got no idea. he doesnt know how to program them either as hitorque had to wipe it and spend a week on the phone with autronic to sort it out because it was not going to run. kent says it was breaking down under light load etc because of a crank sensor problem...

regardless hitorque pulled out and FIXED the mess. put a standard loom back in and spliced the autronic in in a few weeks. better than 6 months, and IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! JAMES WOULD NEVER EVER HAVE GOT THE CAR RUNNING, he had missed wiring to the coils and starter motor I was told, if the standalone harness was to even run the motor...but talk is cheap, im speaking from straight up experience, and gave him every chance to get the car going and make a car that would promote the shops work at my cost....burt hey, that's why he now has only one person working for him, and if it wasnt for andrews top work, it would go bust overnight!

enough sh*t speaking, its all good now! just hope people can take my experience as their own and give the people in the industry the business that deserve it! and not waste time with sh*t that's so easy to spit out. credit to kent and hitorque so far update next week with the results..