How To Install Angel Eyes

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Well got the front bar off, a tip is there is screws/bolts underneath as well as in the wheel arch on my BF, holding the stone tray on at the edges near the wheels. these attach through to the wheel arch plastic sheet and need to come out as well as one bolt in the very centre of the car, and bolts behind the numnberplate too. I undid one corner screw on my plate and let it fall diagonally to access the bolts. We also had to take off the grid shaped plastic that goes behind the front bar to help getting the lights out!

We're trying to leave the lights in the sun to melt the glue enough...it's a fierce day in the sun so it might just work hahaha :)

• Donating Members

Sun worked a treat, opened them up. Aiming to mount the rings without the chrome ring as I agree it will sit nicer. The chrome pops out easily enough.

Major problem though, snapped one of the smaller rings :(

Chances of getting a spare globe in perth at 2:45pm on a saturday are low. Might mount the three remaining rings (2 large one small) but leave the still working small one unplugged for now :/

F*%^.

• Donating Members

How NOT to install them:

Phone042-resize.jpg

Waiting waiting...used finger to smooth silicone on. Put more on after I took the photo though, more the merrier! I have removed the chrome rings, they plug in right here. You'll see when you open your own up.

Phone041-resize.jpg

• Donating Members

Another tip, paint or by some other means make the wires black for a good 10cm out of the end of each globe if you are fussy like me, the white shows up against the black housing and annoyed me. Much harder to paint once the rings are glued on so do this while your lights are warming up or something! :/

• Donating Members

Oh no he stuck a GT kit on it! Ah well different strokes eh. Lights look good, can't take full car pics at night with cheap cameras they are too bright haha.

A couple pics/tips from my install yesterday/last night:

Cheating on the splicing of wires with some purpose built clamps dad had laying around. Hopefully they stay secure :)

Phone044.jpg

This was a *beep* to reach, shoulda used ramps. Even worse to put back in at night!

Phone039.jpg

The little rings need a bit of weight on them (500ml tin) to hold them down while drying as I think we saw in the opening post. They only just fit in this area, it's fiddly.

Phone040.jpg

Hooray...done finally. Took us 12 hours, I kid you not. Few breaks though (including the one ring, d'oh)

Phone046-1.jpg

Phone048.jpg

Hopefully get my hands on a replacement small ring soon and have the full 4. The inner ones are the more noticeable set while driving with lights on of course and really complete the look >_>

Still I'm pretty happy :) Cheers My_XR6_Turbo for the guide and also to the forum/GR8XR6 for the group buy!

Edited by -SteveR-

• Donating Members

Daytime, gives better idea of the brightness

Phone050med.jpg