Is It Just Me?

Big Dazza

• Member For: 14y 10m 1d

I have had my BF2 with ZF six speed for just over two months. Whilst not exactly mind blowing I thought the power felt pretty good, and I try to use it sparingly so as not to tire of the effect.

Lately, I have been feeling that there is just something lacking, it just doesn't have that whack of power that you would expect from a car with the T's reputation. I have read journo's reviews where the terms "chainsaw", "necksnapping", "warp speed" etc have been used. There is no way I would use these words to describe my T in standard trim.

Is this normal to feel this way after only two months? And I don't even give it to it all that much!

Could there be something wrong? FYI I run mine on Caltex 95 octane.

Obviously a tune is on the ajenda. Will a 98 octane tune with around 230 - 240 RWKW give me a substantial seat of the pants improvement. That is about as far as I want to take it at this stage, as I cant afford or justify blowing huge bikkies on go fast bits.

:shocked:

Edited by Big Dazza

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 6m 1d

It took me about six months until I decided that the stock T wasnt enough. Still under warrenty I wasnt sure if I should do anything but the urge was too great not do.Its a pretty normal feeling especially reading/seeing other peoples power and experiences, just remember its no sports car its a family car/taxi so dont expect too much in standard form.

With anything you get used to the power and its never enough no matter how many mods you do.....!!Dont worry you'll find theres nothing wrong with your car mate it just needs a few mods.

Cheers,

Rob-T6XR

• Señor Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 16d

took me about 2 days till I got used to the power then I got a tune, that took about 2 months till I got sick of that and only a lack of funds has kept me there, saying that though with a tune its like a new car, you will beat a big majority of cars on the road and put a smile on your face every time. cant wait for the 300 club though.

:3gears:

Edited by mjadeb1984

took me about 2 days till I got used to the power then I got a tune, that took about 2 months till I got sick of that and only a lack of funds has kept me there, saying that though with a tune its like a new car, you will beat a big majority of cars on the road and put a smile on your face every time. cant wait for the 300 club though.

:3gears:

That's what I want to hear in relation to the tune. It obviously makes a big seat of the pants difference. I would imagine similar to the effect of going from a N/A XR6 to the T in standard form. My car is still under warranty, so I have to decide whether to wait or not.

I understand that no matter what I do I will get used to the power, but a little more for not a huge outlay would be good.

On a side note I have a z1000 kawasaki, and even with that I sometimes feel that I wish it just had a little more pull, even though I am not really a good enough rider to exploit it. I guess you just have to accept things for what they are sometimes.

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d

I turbo'd my pulsar and it went from 75kw atw to 150kw atw. Scared the $hit out of me to start with. Then I got used to it a few months later and wanted more. It's still a fun car to drive and even though its not quite as fast as my stock auto BF2 T over the quarter it has something that a stock T is missing. I'm not sure if its the difference in induction and exhaust noise, the harsher delivery, firmer ride or a combination of a lot of things but sometimes I think the T feels a little too refined.

I cant wait to get some mods done to push 350kw+ but ill wait a few more months until my warranty is done.

Edited by gregor

Yeah. that's the thing with modern cars and bikes for that matter. They are just so refined and turbine smooth that they really don't feel as fast as they really are.

I have had cars in the past (a loooooong time ago) that felt faster than the XR6T, but I know that they weren't. Its just a seat of the pants thing.

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 1d

^^^ yeh that's so true, older cars do feel quicker but only cause there is more noise/bumps and general NVH overall..

mines still stock and the only way its stayed like that is cause I alternate between it and a Mazda Sp23 and a SR20 105kw pulsar hahaha.. try and keep mine for the weekends only and it feels like a rocket after those other 2!!

that being said I have some dekas and walbro under my work desk as im slowly building up a few parts for some mild mods..

• Member For: 15y 2m 23d

it took me nearly 18 months to get bored of my BF2 auto. so I went and got cai and tune feels heaps better with around 60rwkw extra from stock. been told that my tune was pretty conservative too.. all I need now is bigger cooler and injectors

• Member For: 18y 4m 28d

If you cruise around in them lots, without getting on it, they do feel a bit sleepy. Especially with the ZF as it will change its shift habits to your driving style.

Even with my manual box it feels sometimes rather sluggish and slow if I havn't been giving it a regular serving of right foot.

Might be time for some mods for me too.......

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 9d

I've had mine a few months now, and with warranty up in december I'll be looking for some more power. I got a XCAL2 (brand new, haven't plugged it in yet), and have put in a BMC filter and F6 secondary intake snorkel. I only really want to get a 8-10psi tune on the stock injectors so I can keep it on the stock tune when my wife drives around (with our 13 month old boy).