Territory 06 Awd Exhaust Mods

marlinhunternz

• Member For: 14y 6m 7d

I have replaced the rear 2 mufflers with a big bore through muffler in front of diff)and dumpy pipe exhaust rear muffler.(These are after market not ford items ) Seems to pull really well and is more economical 560-600kms per tanks 75 litres). Now some 2 weeks after fitting, fault lite comes on and shows exhaust fault . Engine still pulls hard and goes well .Dealer has advised catalytic converter needs replacing but we haven't touched the converter or cat system only the the 2 rear mufflers Can anyone help aany advice ??

After calling all the so called experts and a certain performance company in NZ who tried to sell me a Harrods system and flash box at some phenominal cost and Ford telling me that I would need to put back the original exhaust. I got in contact with the boys at Eastern Automotive Performance in Manukau City NZ they connected a computer up and checked the settings reset the rear oxygen sensor .no more problems .I have booked in for a remap stage 1 which should see some 15-20kw gain more torque down low with no penalty on fuel usage in fact they say it will be as good as if not better on fuel . Will post results once it is done

Nice work mate, is the Terri just n/a or is it a Turbo?

:blink:

Just a normal aspirated 6 had v8's all my life then a Cruiser V8 diesel but due to downtunr in economy had to sell . Bought this for $18k done 100kms and am pleasantly surprised at how good it is in AWD and also on road manners .As I need to pull a big trailer tossed up between this and a fat arse chrysler the AWD won out . am getting a stage 1 remap which have been told with out too much problem will see a 15-20kw gain heaps of low down torque and no loss of fuel economy . Due to AWD they road tune them over here so cant get a dyno readout . can only go on specs from computer remap .NZ Ford dealers are small minded and not open to mods so was really pleased to get a solution to the engine lite with out all the bullsh*t also a dealer over here selling Harrod gear tried it on saying that I would lean out the engine and melt pistons etc , tried to sell me a flash box for $1200 which would enable me to turn off the rear sensor but not to tune /remap it . so as you can guess I told them to stick that where the sun dont shine . Thanks for your comment hope this helps anybody who does this .If all goes well this year will definitely be looking at turbo after reading the forums on this site