Hey People Joined Recently 309Rwkw

moe

• Member For: 14y 6m 19d

Hey guys took my car to Western Sydney International Dragway and manage a 13.1 on street tyres with 20psi tyre pressure in them...

Does that sound right for the work that has been done to my car??

Also of take off car didnt wanna move it wasnt spinning it was just bogging down but on high rev it really opened up any one no what would help the car achieve a better take off??

Would a custom exhaust help of take off?

Sorry for all the questions but dont no much about these cars any advice well help...

Thanks

Moe

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Should be able to get low 12 s with your set up.

How many RPM were you stalling it up?Did you launch on green or the last yellow ?

Were you changing it manually or just mashing it performance mode ?

Hey there I was holding it on about 2 or so rpm cause it felt like the car was gonna move if I pushed it anymore then that...

I only tried it putting my foot straight down didnt try with semi-auto...

I might be going again next week to try and get in the 12s I would really like a mid 12 or quicker my mate had a v6 turbo commo with big power he runs a 12.8 and I smash him on the street.

Any info on helping me get a better time will be really helpful?!?!

Thanks

Moe

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 19d

mate lower your tire presure lower say about 15 psi, when u stage at the lights hold d brake hard an put ya foot down on d pedal half way dont b afraid u will not spin if u do jus back of a bit, an take off on the second amber light. I myself ran a 13.004 pass an my car only has 264kw at the wheels, I could haue also ran a 12 second pass the nite I went down eastern creek when 1 ran the 13 second pass I had a 60 foot time of 2.3 sec then my last ran 60 foot was 1.9 sec an quarter mile time was 13.1 do not know what happened there guess it flared in 3rd but anyways mate u sould get a low 12 second pass good luck.

Edited by Buf-Phoon
quote removed

Yeah thanks for the reply CCCC if I need up going next week I'll just have to try and hold it down on the lights abit harder...

Also will semi slick tyres help much even though the car didnt spin when I was running???

And also should I be using semi-auto our just put my foot flat down??

Edited by moe

• Member For: 15y 2m 25d

hey if u r running a standard airbox with a K&N filter u might as well go for a lower F6 snorkel just for a little bit more support with the CAI... or u could always go for an under battery CAI with a pod filter sitting under there nicely for added support! but great results mate

Hey thanks for the reply im using the standard airbox and stock filter was going to get a K&N panel filter on the weekend does the F6 lower snorkel fit straight on to my airbox or do I have to customise or change anything??

Or if I just replace the whole airbox with a F6 one will that work better and will it fit without changing anything?

Dont really wanna get a pod filter...

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 19d

semi slicks will help u a great deal, but im sure u dont really need it right now,jus dont be shy lower the tire presure do a nice burn out an go for it. An yea put it in semi auto but dont shift the gears let it do it its self an jus plant it, garanteed ya gona hit that 12. As for the air filter go an get the typoon lower box at a ford dealer I got mine from peter warren ford spare parts at warrick farm,you jus need the lower bit it will cost u about 200 I think ,extra 80 if u want the k an n filter.

Ok great that's excatly what I wanted to no if all is good I'll go to eastern creek and hopefully run a 12 pass...

If I have a bit of spare money left after the weekend then hopefully before I go I'll get the F6 lower box and a k&n filter and see how it goes

Thanks for all the help people Will let you no how it all goes!!!

Edited by moe

• Member For: 16y 9m 5d

Nice result for the outlay.

Are you making that power on standard restrictive cat? if so, im dubious, as the limit is around 280rwkw for std cat.

Maybee whack a walbro intank pump for some safety margin