Best Time On Full Street Tyres ?

IBOO57

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 16d

I have backed up the 11.18 run with an 11.15 and a couple 11.2s. You definitely need a good track but I recon a 10s pass on the maxxis is possible. They have copped too many heat cycles and the rubber is falling apart.

Last time I went out on a Saturday, on a dirty & cold track I could only manage mid to high 11s

It's a lot of fun'!

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 6d

I ran on street tyres at Calder... LOL

In a manual I managed to get sideways at 155kph... Had just shifted into 4th... Nearly sh*t my pants... Was thinking how I was going to explain to my wife that my car insurance doesn't cover my car at the Drags?! LOL

• Member For: 19y 10m 2d

I have backed up the 11.18 run with an 11.15 and a couple 11.2s. You definitely need a good track but I recon a 10s pass on the maxxis is possible.

should shout yourself a new pair and see how she goes, it would be a very good acheivement if you could run a ten on them.

David

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 10d

Mark's best 1/4 with complete street trim - 19" Maxxis including the spare in the boot. Esky with the nights munchies kids car seat- full tank of pump fuel( wasn't planning on running) was

12.4 @114.94mph (184.49 kph) with a

2.029 60'

track temp 37.1

ambient temp 21.4

trans - manual

He followed that up on the next run (40 minutes later with a 12.5 @114.65 2.023 60'

3rd pass was 12.5 @ 114.64 with a 2.166 60'

tune in car was 315rwkw.... would be good to list your power (rwkw) in your replys fella's as so many dont have it in their signatures.

D

Edited by lil_bodes

• Donating Members

I have backed up the 11.18 run with an 11.15 and a couple 11.2s. You definitely need a good track but I recon a 10s pass on the maxxis is possible.

should shout yourself a new pair and see how she goes, it would be a very good acheivement if you could run a ten on them.

David

That is the plan but I have not pulled the finger out to do it. These Maxxis seem to be lasting a bit longer than expected.

I might have to take them out to WSID on wednesday night and try a bit harder to kill them! (I will try and get it on video!)

• Donating Members

Mark's best 1/4 with complete street trim - 19" Maxxis including the spare in the boot. Esky with the nights munchies kids car seat- full tank of pump fuel( wasn't planning on running) was

12.4 @114.94mph (184.49 kph) with a

2.029 60'

track temp 37.1

ambient temp 21.4

trans - manual

He followed that up on the next run (40 minutes later with a 12.5 @114.65 2.023 60'

3rd pass was 12.5 @ 114.64 with a 2.166 60'

tune in car was 315rwkw.... would be good to list your power (rwkw) in your replys fella's as so many dont have it in their signatures.

D

Mine is running about 380rwkw when I ran the 11.18s pass on the Maxxis. I was running 420 odd rwkw when I ran the 11.15s pass. I have pulled the exhaust manifold off and it is back to 380rwkw when it last ran a 10.9 a few weeks ago.

You get to a certain level and then the track conditions play a very major role.

Having more power only helps when you can get it to the ground otherwise you get too much wheelspin and the ETs go backwards !!

There has been quite a bit of R&D and trial and error to get the car to run these numbers on street rubber. The guys at Tunehouse have played with the tune, the way it comes on boost, the way it brings on the torque, the shift settings in the 4sp, suspension setup everything counts. My car has been a develpoment car for them for the last 5 years and what has been learned is being applied to other customer cars.

It's pretty interesting stuff when you can be part of the process and feel the difference in every change.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 21d

I have run 11.50@126mph 1.9 60' on some very average factory dunlops. I think there was more in it that night but 11.5 was enough for me.

I have watched John (jp300) run back to back 11.2's and would back him to sneak a 10 on the maxis. I would like to find someone that has done more passes on a single set of street tyres and still using them for every day driving.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 10d

We put the 19's our our T when it had 8000's k's on the clock it has just turned over 29000.

From what I can work out the tyres have lasted,

56 x 1/4 mile runs that I can locate time sheets for,(Mostly Mark driving with an sml - average skid)

2 x AHG track days (short track & skidpan - both times had 2 drivers in the car so was out constantly)

1 x Powercruise (Deonie drove so no skidz)

1 x Motorvation Weekend (only a couple of skidz)

AND a bit of teaching me (the mrs) how to do a skid and some practice after that.....,

plus the general driving around.

They are OK, we do have them rotated around 5000 k's about 60 % tread left.

Just for a giggle the only pass that was done with slicks ended badly - not the tyres fault but funny it was the only pass with them on that resulted in a tow trip home from a loose fly wheel.....

Edited by lil_bodes