Best Time On Full Street Tyres ?

IBOO57

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 18d

The quickest I know of on full street tyres was John (JP300) from Tunehouse, he went 11.18 on 19" Maxxis MA-Z1's.

There may be a quicker time, but I'm not aware of anyone getting into the 10s without M/T streets

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 17d

dave (blueboost) went a 10.95 in the purple rocket street trim on stock internals before it popped, says street trim in sig I guess you will have to ask him to confirm what street trim is.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 12d

The quickest I know of on full street tyres was John (JP300) from Tunehouse, he went 11.18 on 19" Maxxis MA-Z1's.

There may be a quicker time, but I'm not aware of anyone getting into the 10s without M/T streets

The Maxxis are a $200 odd dollar entry level performance tyre. Very cost effective street tyre! I have gone unstuck wheelspinning at 1/2 track a couple times going into a fish-tail at about 160km/h. Not so much fun when you are facing the wall!

The 17" Toyo RA-1s should be a better tyre being an r-spec compound with a bit more tyre crush on take off.

I am going to try a 19" Federal tyre as I have been told that they work well once you get them warmed up.

If anyon has had any experience at the track with a good 19" tyre the feedback would be appreciated.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 24d

I ran 11.990 at 120mph on the cheapest 19 inch tyre the shop had they are so hard I have done countless runs at the drags and a few burnouts and they are all most new

• Member For: 19y 10m 29d

yeh my 10.95 had mt street radials on it, they are talking about basic street tires (like stockers), in my veiw no one will touch JP's time not even him with the same tire, every once in a while, you will get a run that just seems to grip like something way better, that was one of them runs, and will take a speical run to even go close to that one.

BA's run high 11's with normal cheap tires a fair bit, but takes a good track of cource, but that is a good goal for you to chase (at least at first).

David