Chasing 1000Hp

tray_182005

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 3m 18d
On 30/08/2009 at 8:57 PM, tray_182005 said:

Hi . Here is a picture of my billet turbo going to be used to chase 1000hp . My current mods S/S 3.5inh exhaust , injectors, process west intercooler and inlet maniflod, bosch fuel pumps , surge tank, actuator . 06 BF F6 running 377rwkw at 15 psi . I dont have pix of the first upgrade but I'm trying to find them

turbo.doc

Hope you don't just plan on turning up the boost and using bolt ons!

I am coming close to the completion of my build, that coincidentally is targeting 1000hp (at the treads).

And I have not fitted anything less than what has been considered to be rated less than 1200-1500hp safety rated!

So far its nearly cost me my sanity, my marriage, my next 10 Xmases and birthdays worth of gifts and a lot of extremely hardcore research into over rating everything as a safety margin!

Not to forget the driveline, the clutch, gearbox, tailshaft, diff and axles need to be extensively upgraded to handle the nuclear explosion that's turning all of this!

I wouldn't push the standard internals much more than 15psi, without expecting some sort of technical conundrum presenting itself sooner rather than later!  

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

it's 10 years ago that post you just quoted... read the rest of this thread and you'll get an appreciation of this build :)

• Member For: 17y 10m 25d

Trav has had it parked for over 3 years. All it really needs ins a new turbo core. I've been teasing him and told him that he should just sell it to me....

• Like 2