Power Question

macca2042

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 2d
I think nizpro do one that still uses the standard crossover pipes

Haven't seen their range, but I'd say it would involve some new intercooler piping, which connects to the stock cross-over but routes across the front of the engine just behind the radiator.

• Member For: 15y 2m 23d

processwests stge1 will use all the factory pipeing the rest use a new cold side like civilian was saying, the standard x over is good low to mid 300s so you wont need to worries about that, as a guide from dead stock it cost me $2500 to get to 317kw

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 1d

that's sweet as man. im thinkin of doin a similar thing, take my time and look for the best price

Edited by seventytwo
quote removed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 18d

I have a bf11 auto ute and with a custom tune alone I got 255rwkw on 10psi..

getting intercooler and injectors and been told by tuner that 300rwkw is within reach..

hopefully will be able to post in the 300+ section soon :headbang2:

• Member For: 15y 6m 22d

Hey Macca... basically as per carlyboys post my car is virtually tune only and hit 257rwkw on 10psi... looking at adding injectors and hi-flo cat soon along with retune for a little bit more go!

But as most would agree the difference between stock and 250rwkw is very noticable! Just flashed mine back to stock while I was getting brake work done yesterday and driving it there felt like the turbo had been removed!!!!

• Member For: 14y 10m 20d

QUOTE (fordriver1 @ Aug 21 2009, 12:03 PM) a flash tuner and a good custom tune will get you very close to 250 at the wheels. $1200 should do it.

economy wont change no matter what size injectors you put in- the difference is the 'safety margin' as mentioned above. your stockies might be at 80% duty cycle at 250rwkw, whereas if you put in deka's or similar, they would prol only be at 50%.

if you are happy with 250 at the wheels, then keep your stockies, but id bet my right one that after a bit more power you will get hungry and want more. a decent injector will support over 400rwkw, so if you do it now, at least you wont have to worry about it again.

the next mod I would reccomend is walbro in tank fuel pump. a direct replacement. just make sure you keep at least 1/4 tank of fuel with 250rwkw, or you might get fuel starve under hard acceleration.

next would be valve springs. atomic, nismo- it doesnt matter which ones, but an upgrade will be beneficial for reliability. iwent for typhoon springs- $250 or so from ford.

happy power hunting!

I know myself that I woud love more power than 250rwkw, I picked it as a pretty easy and unexpensive goal to go for. so a set of 42's would be sufficient but I should get them before the tune. so how much would a set of 42's set me back roughly and where from?

I have some 42s for sale on ebay for $300 if you like they will make about 380kw @ the wheels.