Door Open Alarm?

dan(nthqld)

• Member For: 15y 2m 4d

somethin has stumped me :blink:

my "door open" alarm on the dash keeps coming up and does not go off whenever I start/drive my car. I have opened every door, closed, reopened and closed again but the light does not seem to be going off.

My door lock actuator has burnt the motor out (again) by the looks of it and im wondering if this could be the cause of it? the door does shut and you cannot open it unless you fully lift the handle so it looks like the mechanism is closing over the arm.

Does anyone have any idea why this light might keep coming on?

Cheers, Daniel

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 5d

You need to provide more details.

Model of car

work done on car

problem history

more details of when the problem happens.

There could be several things that can cause this typr of problem. With more details we can help diagnose the problem.

Also if the car is still under warranty it might be a good idea to book it in to be fixed.

• Member For: 15y 2m 4d

04 MK II XR6 Turbo

No work done on car to affect electrics. (other then door actuator replaced about 3 months ago, now needing new one)

No problems at all with car (other then door actuator once replaced)

Problem happens whenever I turn the car on. The alarm will not go off even though all doors are opened and close fully. Problem has only been occuring the the past two days, since the door actuator broke again. But somehow I dont think this will affect it?

Hmm that's about all the info I have that is relevant.

• Loves boost
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 18d

Have you opened and closed the boot? My car was doing the same thing a while ago would tell me a door was open I checked all doors nothing was open I opened and closed the boot and it fixed the problem never had the issue since. might be worth a try if you havn't tried that yet.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 5d

Because you are saying that "The alarm will not go off even though all doors are opened and close fully" it sounds like a BEM issue and will need to be checked by Ford.

It may indicate a fault that it only visable by this quirky door ajar indicator.