Ba Xr6t Poor Light To Medium Throttle Response

bluesmuso

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 22d

Actually now that you mention it, my car feels a tad mundane now too a year after purchase...I need a custom tune too but am trying to be sensible and not load generics, and instead collect some basic bolt on bits to make that first tune really count. Can still leave a lot of things at the lights anyway thanks to the ZF, just not always super convincingly. Bit over it now anyway, I'd rather safely see a real time at the strip...but it's closed so I'll wait... :/

In the mean time there's the alone cold night trips to the hills to give her a few extra herbs!

• Member For: 16y 7m 26d

I've pretty much tried all the things suggested, once I install the K & N filter and F6 secondary intake I'll see if that improves the response, I will still end up getting a tune.

I will buy the K & N plus snorkel when I find ones which are not ridiculously priced........probably from Ebay, the shops are too dear (Snorkel intake $170 from a ford dealer).

Edited by bluesmuso

• Member For: 14y 11m 17d

hey mate I think it may be worth having a look at a few different dealers, I picked one up from a dealer in brisbane for about $90 I think, the ba and bf secondary intakes are exactly the same also but have different product numbers and vary in price too by a little bit.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 17d
I've pretty much tried all the things suggested, once I install the K & N filter and F6 secondary intake I'll see if that improves the response, I will still end up getting a tune.

I will buy the K & N plus snorkel when I find ones which are not ridiculously priced........probably from Ebay, the shops are too dear (Snorkel intake $170 from a ford dealer).

I brought one from ford and it was $67.00 go to another ford dealer and ask again ,dont ask for a f6 have a look in his book I think the v8 ones are same just diff part numbers....................misty

• Member For: 14y 9m 22d

The issues you are describing sound to me like the standard car. For light throttle traffic driving, the biggest changes I noticed was a hi-flow cat change, diff gear change (6spd auto, went to 3.23 from 2.73) and of course a tune. I dont believe the paper air filter element is at all restrictive for your near standard output. Put the money towards a tune.

Be careful, the bug may bite!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

Can tuners make the tps more sensitive like on the ls1 vcm software for example? So you dont have to bury your foot as deep to get the throttle body to open up earlier?

Its just seems that after my tune I have needed to push the foot further in light driving to get the same result, it doesn't really bother me but if it can be adjusted why not unless you have hopeless feet but some people think that its laggy big time because of this instead I believe its the input sensitivity?

• Member For: 16y 7m 26d

I got a K & N air filter off ebay for $79.00 plus postage and an F6 snorkel from a Ford dealer near me for $82.00, it seems that the price is negotiable, part # BAF9C676B the same but I got three different prices, $157.00, $107.65 and $82.20 as well as the quote for $170.00 the other day wtf?

I've put the filter in and have the hole already cut for the snorkel which arrives on monday, it is a lot louder in induction noise and blow off valve noise which is good, it seems a bit better but until I put the F6 snorkel in it will be sucking in hot air from the radiator so it's a bit early to tell, goes well on cold mornings though but that's still at WOT.

I also really wish the electronic throttle could be tweaked for greater sensitivity, I hate having to really bury my foot to make it move it's arse, my old VN Late model camira you could 'blip' the throttle and move 2 metres, but it was really a heap.

Edited by bluesmuso