Wiring Head Deck

dan(nthqld)

• Member For: 15y 2m 3d

hey guys,

just wondering wat gauge wire I need to use to wire up my dvd player. does it have to be type fig 8 with the small thin copper wires, or can it be 1 or 2.5mm wire.

Cheers Daniel

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d

Just use the same gauge wire as what the head unit has in its harness. I also earthed mine with the harness and the chassis to the black brace behind the tissue holder instead of the cigarette lighter due to all the interference I have had.

I found there is f@ck all room in there for 10 rca's plus harness wiring with the filter on it etc! I hope I never have to remove it again as it was a *beep* of a job...

• Member For: 17y 7m 8d

just use 3mm wire. easiest to get some 3mm triple core to carry constant, accessories and earth from the phone plug to the back of the stereo. if your deck has illumination there is a bulb holder taped to the cigarette lighter plug that has illumination in it. just cut the bulb holder off as it isnt used

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 14d
10rcas wtf lol.. I'll be extending my earth and running it to the spare earth plug behind the fuse panel. not gonna tap into the cig lighter at all.

Yep, front, rear, sub, two for video and last 2 for aux inputs! I try for shortest earth possible especially with these cars and there inherent whineing...