My Dealer Just Shocked Me Completely...

seduced

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 29d

UPDATE:

Once I got the car home, it leaked coolant on my floor and also a lot of oil was found around the alternator area. I also still had the vibration from 10-40km/h which was the original reason I actually took the car in!

The service guy was very apologetic (not that I was remotely upset, I was still happy about all the work that was done!) and booked the car back in straight away. Again, I told him it was his as long as they needed it. I Just picked it up again, they found the o-ring at the back of the waterpump was damaged so they replaced the pump, a new set of power steering hoses were also installed as that was the cause of the oil/fluid leak. The foreman came out and asked to go for another drive to make sure we were on the same page with the slow speed vibration. I took it 50m down the road and it was shuddering like mad at every take off. He notices it and says "Take it back, we'll put it up on the hoist, it feels like tailshaft whip... but we did already balance it, however the balancing machine spins the tailshaft at about 80km/h, so it wouldnt have picked up that vibration.." I mention what I have read about the centre bearings, and he agrees that its probably the cause. I drive it onto the hoist, it goes up, and its found the centre bearing looks sagged quite significantly. So, he immediately orders a brand new entire tailshaft as the centre bearing is not a seperate unit. I will receive a call sometime next week when it arrives...

I still cannot believe the service and commitment these guys have. I am extremely impressed and I dont care what people say, only these guys will touch my car from here on in, all servicing etc. They need the "FORDXR6TURBO.com Dealer of the Year" Award - not that one exists, but its well deserved!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 9m 23d

Indeed. And when they finally agree to do it they get the local kindergarten to come in work on the car... won't be buying another Ford after all of this; not in Canberra anyway.

Edited by tab
Quote removed

• 3 weeks later...

THE SAGA CONTINUES:

The vibrations are still there. It seems there is diff whine from the new diff aswell... So I rang my mate at Ford to book it in again... and guess what... He and the workshop foreman that worked on my car both were promoted to prestige service (land rover and volvo). So I was refered through to a different team in Ford service... hopefully the same level of commitment follows! Isnt that always the way though? These guys should have been promoted to workshop/service trainers, not just a different section... Update next week.

• Member For: 19y 4m 11d

Hey Seduced. you'll find they have gone to BMW Prestige. Make sure you get the other Ian hes the next best, not Susan. Havent had much success with her.

Thanks Nate. Do you work at SXFORD or just a customer?

Im booked in with the other Ian, so all should be sweet.

• Member For: 19y 4m 11d

Just a customer. I know Jason the service manager who is incharge of Ian Maclean . They looked after my ute previously and did a great job, shame to see them promoted.