Another N/a To Turbo Conversion

bentles

• Member For: 14y 2m

Hi man,

Great work on the conversion mate. Thanks heaps for the write-up too, its certainly answered some of my questions.

I am planning a turbo conversion on a BA wagon this year. Would everything be similar to what you did???

I am just starting to search for the needed parts, but as it will be my daily driver (also loaded with carpenters tools!) I am leaning towards a full front cut or engine + box out of a XR6t. I will get them both reco'd 1st and then search for the other necessary parts.

Any advice??

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 25d

Hi man,

Great work on the conversion mate. Thanks heaps for the write-up too, its certainly answered some of my questions.

I am planning a turbo conversion on a BA wagon this year. Would everything be similar to what you did???

I am just starting to search for the needed parts, but as it will be my daily driver (also loaded with carpenters tools!) I am leaning towards a full front cut or engine + box out of a XR6t. I will get them both reco'd 1st and then search for the other necessary parts.

Any advice??

Thanks

sorry for the late reply, the best suggestion for your conversion would be to find a BA/BF ute write off with the looms and engine trans etc still all in good condition and just swap EVERYTHING.. BEM, PCM, full looms, motor auto, tail shaft, diff everything... then you wont need to code anything its just a case of bolt it all up, plug it all in, and the full drivetrain/electronics will just think its still in the ute. only problem I can see is maybe you might need to keep your bem because of rear door locking and tailgate locking etc... so you might needa use your bem and code pcm to bem...

Edited by bentles

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 16d

Sweet write up bentles..... :icon_ford: .... when I did my conversion I tossed up splicing the front fusebox wiring loom from my BA GHIA, but ended up buying one off a turbo cause I wasn't able to source some of the broken wiring plugs that came with the engine package I got.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 4m 10d

yeah mate used na injectors they are the same as turbo ones, just different pressure fuel reg for the extra fuel needed.. and I used my old n/a fuel pump.

was a pretty easy conversion for me, as im a ford technician lol, took from friday to monday on easter weekend with help from 1-2 mates for some things like guiding motor out taking off bonnet stripping 1 manifold while I do the other etc etc...

if you are mechanical minded shouldnt have a single problem...

hey im curently doing a whole xr6t engine swap on a ba 2003 I am fitting a 2005 ba xr6t motor in it I have all the wiring loom and ecu I am curently running my old na fuel pump I got the car running and seems to be making boost but when I try to come back to idle it starts misfiring I hold it at 2000 rpm and it clears up I have also got a couple of check engine lights just wondering if you had any of these problems and what you think also the wastegate control solinoid only needs to be wired up if you dont have the plugs in your car already also my speedo isnt working do you think that is because it thinks I have 3 73 diff gears when I have 3 45 open centre??