Exhaust On Ba Ute

illys

• Member For: 15y

Hey there guys, I am new to ford so I don't really know much about them. But I have just purchased a BA xr6 Ute and just wondering what is a good exhaust system? does pacemaker make kits for the BA's? also Ive heard redback isn't good so just wondering what you guys have on your Utes so I can have a fair idea of what to get.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m

How long is a piece of string ? All depends on where you want to end up power wise , and then get a sytsem to suit.

The standard system will flow pretty well with just a change to a better flowing cat.

You have off the rack or custom made setups to choose from depending on your particular requirements

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 18y 9m 13d

I have an RTV ute, 4.0 manual. It looks like the centre muffler has been replaced with a small sports one, but the rear is stock. It sounds a bit more agressive than stock, and it goes well.

However now I have also got very cheap from Ebay a complete exhaust from an XR8 ute, a twin system with original mufflers. Now I'm thinking of installing that on my 6-cylinder RTV, and see how that works. I'm planning to make a Y split from my cars single exhaust into the XR's double.

Anyone done this before?

cheers

Gsimon