King Springs Ssl On All 4 Corners.

brett_xr6

• Member For: 15y 10m 11d

Hi guys,

Just had some King Springs (KFFL-57SSL & KFRL-68SSL) Ultra Low combination installed on my BF XR6. Now that they are on the car it seems that the front sits much lower than the rear and gives a raking look. Is this normal or will the rear settle in a few more days?

I know most guys have their cars sitting flat, but does anyone actually go for the Raking look? I was reccomended to put the SSL on the front by Herrod Motorsport rather than the SL because I have an NA car which has less weight over the front wheels than a turbo or an 8.

Cheers,

Brett.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

If you want it level then you either need to go back up to a KFFL-57SL in the front, or go down to the 68SSSL in the rear

Either way the ultra low springs will kill your standard shocks in a short amount of time, take a look into getting some shocks to suit mate

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 27d
If you want it level then you either need to go back up to a KFFL-57SL in the front, or go down to the 68SSSL in the rear

Either way the ultra low springs will kill your standard shocks in a short amount of time, take a look into getting some shocks to suit mate

:spoton:

speaking of which, wanna send us a price on shortened shocks for my FG mate? SSL all round. Forgot bout getting the springs off ya, but the shocks are still up for grabs! :censored:

@ Brett. Mine has a slight "raking" look, but it has definitely grown on me. In regards to the SL, I'm pretty sure any kind of non standard height will kill the shocks eventually as they weren't engineered for it.

• Member For: 15y 10m 11d

I'll second that mate can you also send me the price for short rate shocks.

Does anyone know if SSL on front and rear is street legal in SA? Herrods did say that it would be ok

Edited by brett_xr6

• 9 years later...
  • Member For: 4y 10m 23d

I Have a 2008 VE holden ute  I want to lower it trying to work out what sizes do I need,The front guard is 70mm  above the top of the tyre and the back is 50mm above the top of the tyre any help would be fine thx steve.