Nolathane Diff Bush Noise Fix?

Guest STEVE_BAXR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5d

How much and whos fitting it for you??

Sorry for the LATE reply. I got mine through Senna_T, for a very reasonable price.

I've had it fitted for a while now (by GD Automotive in Croydon Melb), and I can't say that I've noticed it at all. Except for the lack of driveline shunt that is :tonguepoke: The driveline feels much much tighter, not the sloppy joe driveline it was before.

One would do well to heed Senna_T's comments on worn diffs and CVs though; any poly bush will transfer the noise more if the noise is there. I've looked after my diff well, and replaced my Ford CVs with better ones too (everything tip top) and I can't hear a thing. Very happy.

Edited by SavageF6

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m 5d

Sorry for the LATE reply. I got mine through Senna_T, for a very reasonable price.

I've had it fitted for a while now (by GD Automotive in Croydon Melb), and I can't say that I've noticed it at all. Except for the lack of driveline shunt that is :spoton: The driveline feels much much tighter, not the sloppy joe driveline it was before.

w

One would do well to heed Senna_T's comments on worn diffs and CVs though; any poly bush will transfer the noise more if the noise is there. I've looked after my diff well, and replaced my Ford CVs with better ones too (everything tip top) and I can't hear a thing. Very happy.

when you replaced the CV's what ones did you use? There seems to be a big difference in quality.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 25d

Did this today, centre and both outers, now I have a period noise at 80 to 100kph in a diff that ford have already replaced once. It wasn't there with with the cracked rubber bushes,changing them also increased a whoop sound the ZF has made from day 1 when changing up or down from 3rd to 4th of 4th to 3rd with just a lttle bit of stick which of course ford said was typical. 36,000 klm on the clock, well serviced, and not driven hard at all. A lemons, a lemon, a lemon I guess, apart from the I6, after they have done 20,000klm these things are basically just a poorly built a self delapadating bucket of sh!t IMHO.

Edited by hypnodoc

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 27d

I have a clunky rear in the FG. Started about 8K ago and is not getting any better. Having had a number of these cars, it sounds like a diff bush. Since I'll have to go through the painful exercise of convincing FoMoCo to replace this, I thought I'd source a better replacement unit and hand it to them to replace.

This is frustrating as I'm trying to iron out all warranty related issues before any hardware installs and the tune.

Senna, could you please drop me a not(PM) on how to contact you to get my hands on a good set.

Cheers

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

Sorry guys I'm new to this whole Ford thing, I drove a 10 000km old G6E turbo today and on hard back offs it would clunk hard, is this the diff bush related issue here you are all talking about, I have also been told that Ford have always had clunky drivelines?

• 3 months later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

I have a 2010 FG XR6T and get a thud from the rear when the cluth re-engages after a hard gear shift. This isn't evident when changing normally and slipping the clutch, only with hard changes. It's not overly apparent with hard back off's, only slightly...would I be right in assuming this is likely to be a worn diff bush?

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 9y 7m 4d

Hey everyone, I've had the clunk noise only appear recently after I had my tail-shaft bearing go. Just kept getting worse. I decided to replace every component in the rear cradle with super pro bushes. Also changed my gearbox mounts too.

Picked the car up from the workshop after work, seemed alright for about 20mins. Now the noise has come back. I haven't had a chance to take it back yet though. But I changed my back brake pads today, and whist I was tightening the wheel bolts, the car was rocking back and forth and I could hear the clunking. So I looked under the car and could see the rear diff bolt moving. This was right after I had tightened it up! It had become loose and wasnt sitting flush on the diff bush. Anyway I managed to record it and uploaded it to youtube. Any Ideas how to stop it?

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qQ-xVnJKSY