Intercooler Problems.......

stevet

• Señor Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 14d

there are quite a few NZ cars on here mate (sorry dont know who but put a call out and they'll answer) they should be able to point you in the right direction.

:stirthepot:

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 14y 8m 2d

ok first off, coolers should not be too much of an issue.

I bought the Nizpro cooler kit and got the whole exhaust and injectors and fuel pump and valve springs (the kit and caboodle)

First off, are u just putting a cooler kit onto the stock motor with just a flash tune or have u done other mods to it?

As everyone is telling u, find a diff tuner man, the cars are not THAT hard to tune but then again, thery are not easy, they get a bit complex depending on setup u have and driveline etc but nothing that at least 4 hours tuning cant fix.

The longest tune on my car was about 6 hours but only cos there was things playing up/loose lines but all fixed.

You need to either ship your car to someone in AUS to do the work for u or find a reputable tuner in NZ but not sure on the rep/skill they may have opposed to AUS shops.

May be worth thinking/asking prices to ship car over once and get your car worked (save up some cash and do it all in 1 hit)

see how u go man, good luck.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

if you look at this thread http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35553 there are a few nz members posting in thes thread.

have a chat with some other kiwis and see where they are getting tunes at.

I would be looking at a boost guage to see if your boost is surging if not it may be fuel supply, intercooler and pipework mods are no problem.

there are people who can tune these cars in 1 hour its not rocket science.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10d

Where in NZ are you ... I no there is one in wellington one in palmerston north one in taupo and a couple in auckland... have done abit of research as have been thinking of doing the same...

• Member For: 16y 9m 15d

The only time I ever used to get surging was when the tank was below half and you gave it what for...

maybe something to keep an eye on if any particular time it's doing it especially if you've had the fuel pump done. If the pump hasn't been done it's most definetly a tuner/ tuning issue.