Iphone 3g App's.

smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

Had the iPhone 3GS for a few weeks now, played around with a few apps...

Whats everyone else downloaded... Let us know and give a two thumbs up or two thumbs down rating...

:beerchug:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 9m 10d

Had mine 2 weeks today.

Got Google earth, Backgrounds,Zippo lighter, iHandy level, Dictionary, Poker5K, Writepad, Flashlight, Ice age 3D, Lightsaber, iGlowstick, TerminatorLT and 400 sounds 2 lite.

Most of them are just wank factor. I play Poker a fairbit though so thumbs up to that one. :spoton:

The dictionary is quite handy when I'm not near a computer to.

One thing that does piss me off is sometimes it won't send or receive pxt messages and sometimes it wil send them 2 or 3 times.

I've also noticed battery life is crap. Nothing like what they say on the website.

I've been working nightshift for the past week and only use it on the way to and from work for about 10 minutes either way playing Poker and I can only get 3 days out of it before it needs charging.

That's without using it or sending any messages.

But apart from that I reckon it's a good thing.

Edited by PHANTMXR6

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d

HP 12C calculator.

I've had one for something like 20 years, and a similar HP when I was at Uni over 30 years ago.

One less item to carry around with me.

Brian

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d

I'm not running Bluetooth (yet), but my 32gb model lasts about 5 days on 1 charge. That's a lot better than the O2 I had before, with light usage.

Maybe Bluetooth kills the battery life. Seemed to be the case with other phones I've had.

Brian

• Member For: 16y 9m 6d

I leave Wi-fi and bluetooth off unless I need them, as it constantly searches for connections, draining battery. Also instead of Push email, set it to fetch every 30 mins. Saves a fair bit of battery usage.

also if you havent, lower the screen brightness, as standard its blindingly bright. I have mine at 50% and its plenty bright enough.

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 8m 12d

best game (and free for the 18level one) RAGDOLL. Check it out :D

Is there a section on jailbreaking and modifying iphones? Im happy to post how to's and do's and donts' and pro's and con's of upgrading to 3.0 firmware or keeping 2.2 firmware and so on....

or can I just post here? :P

Also, if anyone cares, JAILBREAKING your iphone is NOT illegal. Perfectly safe and legal.

Edited by icer

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 12d

Guys... Found out one of the biggest issues with these things and batty juice is the 3g connection.

I have mine on 24/7 and have to leave on it charge every time its in the car, next to the PC, and beside the bed... I'm lucky to get about half a days worth of work out of mine before it hits below 25%.

Turn off the 3G option when its not required and it will last a lot longer...

I run the WiFi when at home, and 3G most of the time during the day and it only needs to be on for a few mins before it looks like its running out of puff...

Mind you my mobile bills are well over 30+ pages a month, so it does get a flogging each day...

2Days and 4Hrs racked up on the counter since reset at the time I posted the first post on the thread (20/07/09 @ 12am)...

Anyone think I might have cancer or a brain tumor?

:blink: