Stock Ba Rods Can Hold Up To How Much Power?

icer

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 8m 12d

Hi guys.

Just bought a BA XR6T for myself. Upgrading from my 310rwkw 300zx z32!

The BA has larger injectors, manifold, td04z turbo, 2.5" zorst, and few other things.

My question is, how much power can stock pistons/rod hold up? (depending on the tune which AVO will do). Can I get 350rwkw safley? less? more???

I shall be posting up my new car and mods etc once its all ready to go and after a tune.

Cheers!

(Welcome myself to the XR6T world!!! FINALLY!!!)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

depends on your hardware and tune. Jam the boost in hard early, mmay go bang. Bit of a lottery really.

You play, be prepared to pay

BTW

:B):

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

ahhh the age old (at least since 02!) question. im pondering whether to push mine too much more, but hey if she goes bang, 5k aint so bad to step up to the next level.

if your unsure, then spend 3k before it pops and dont worry about it anymore! :blush:

oh and :B):

• Banned
  • Member For: 14y 8m 12d

when z32 cost 3k per engine pull and 12k for rebuilds, I can deal with 5k builds lol...I just met someone tonight who has their BA running flat 10s on stock internals pushing 375rwkw. Has 2 sp powerglide and semi slicks. Pump fuel.

Springy motors I think it was. Well I shall see what AVO say about stock internals and keep askign around.

Are there any straight fit piston and rods (set?) that slip right into block withouth needing any head / block work etc? Like a straight swap to strengthen em to have no problems with 400rwkw? Like newer model xrt6 typhoons or somethgin aftermarket?

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 17d

I wonder who that could be :spoton: lol

Think most people with BA/BF's are using FG F6 bottom ends as a cheap motor upgrade. Last I heard BF F6 bottom ends were going between 2200-$3000, can anyone confirm this?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 26d

having been running at least 330rwkw for around 18 months now on a standard ba mk1 bottom end and she is good as gold.

it all comes down to how competant your tuner is and how good the tune is as to how long your engine will last.

also how you drive it will play a big part, dont be bouncing off rev limiter while your doing a skid sorta thing.

that will definately send your rods on a holiday.

• Member For: 16y 11m 17d
I'd be scared everytime I hit the gas with 350 on a stock BA bottom end.

dont be scared Adam.........

im running everyday tune of 390rwkw and have so for close to a year on a stock bottom end and it hasnt skipped a beat yet.

I do runn 100 octane fuel everyday but so that does help a bit but hey if it does blow im one step closer to building a weapon ( I have all the bits now to make over 600rwkw )