My Fpv Floor Mats Are Dangerous!

eicarsto

• Member For: 14y 10m 14d

Yeah, I thought I had it sorted also by turning the clips the other way...nah! Within a couple of days they had came loose, but at least this time I was ready when the car wanted to launch me into the car in front...way in front I add, as it doesnt take long to gather speed in these machines.

My advice is take the drivers side out and complain to Ford...they do know about the problem and apparently it is with engineering awaiting a fix or something.

The lady at Ford has been good informing me every week that they are no further forward, but at least she is keeping me updated.

I will eventually reach the end of my patience and take it to a lawyer, but I will at least have given Ford ample opportunities to resolve the issue.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 14d

I have had the same issue in my F6 R Spec, first time it happened was on my first trip away, going up a passing lane getting rid of all the holdens Expensive Daewoo up traffic..., accelerator stayed down, couldn't understand what was going on at first so depressed the clutch, which made it redline (great on a new motor) and I don't think I had the pedal hard to the floor anyway (running it in after all...), so changed to next gear (3rd to 4th), big rev in between gears as you would expect, launched again forward on clutch release, changed to 5th same again, all of a sudden 180-190 ks on the speedo and still not slowing down, worse still road ran out of straight, so went around the corner with a big push on the brake and still accelerated out the other side (as I normally do anyway) finally figured out the mat was pinning the accelerator down pulled the mat out and went straight to the Ford dealer told him of the problem he basically said so what do you want me to do about it. from that I just left it, It has happened another 3-4 times since, not quite as bad the other times because I knew what to do. I may again raise the issue with them given that these other makes have had a recall for a similar problem, I might even get a new set of mats with decent clips out of it...

• Member For: 20y 4m 15d

I heard of this a week ago Toyota have a foot brake as well not a hand brake which would have been caught under mat as well. poor design all round at least with a hand brake you may have a chance to pull it up I remember a mates VK V8 vacationer wagon loosing brakes yrs ago wasn’t for hand brake we would have been up the rear of a flat bed truck

• Member For: 16y 3m 28d

I have some mats in the ordinary poverty pack XR6T that used to move around......until I put some of that non slip matting that goes under floor mats around the house....not perfect but much better. Also helps the dash mat from moving around when cornering briskly (didn't use that crap tape on the dash).

Those FPV ones sound totally inadequate for location, and on a premium car.

How stupid of them to ignore it when it is a deiberately more performance oriented car than the std one. Not everyone is bored out of their brain driving Camrys and the like. Our cars are definitely NOT "whitegoods on wheels". Some people actually enjoy the character of their car....and thus they actually see full throttle.