Motor Magazine Fpv F6 The Best Aussie Muscle Car Ever

Corzza

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 15d
Pretty sure in the 10 best section they are listed in no particular order?

that's correct, they generally just put them in there and what ever they have good photos for get the bigger spreads and/or ranking. The top 10 is not ranked and they have stated that many times when readers write in and debate the order.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 11d

After reading that article I'd take the Audi. Lighter, better brakes, about as quick despite a lot less power and torque, far nicer interior, quattro, super trick diff. Looks a bit subdued, but it'll be a sleeper. And it's a twin turbo, so godo for a healthy power up.

Edited by Evil F6

• Member For: 15y 2m 19d

Performance v price.

Audi S4 = $140,000

BMW 335i $112,000

FG F6 = $68,000

s4vf6v335.jpg

Edited by Corzza

• Member For: 14y 10m 15d

Hmm...S4, Beemer or F6?

As a pommie from the motherland who has had his fair share of German engineering I agree they are excellent cars, so much so that when I migrated here 5 years ago went straight to the the AUDI and Beemer garages to "purchase what I was used too".

But the prices were crazy compared to the UK..so I settled on a Honda Euro. Great car with great handling, but bugger all power.

Once I had achieved what I had set out to do in the past five years, the time was right and I could justify purchasing a new Audi or Beemer..so took the 135 and the 335 for a test drive.

Blown away...they were awesome. Ready to purchase the 335...BUT

somebody suggested I take the FG F6 for a spin, simply to see how it compared.

:B): its a Ford I said...but eventually did. Fixtures and fittings? Nowhere near as good as a Honda half its price...Toys and gadgets? nowhere near what you get in the 335 (at a cost)...

BUT...plant that pedal...and the horizon explodes before you...objects in the rear view mirror vanish...the noise from the induction...was utterly mindblowing.

Spend $4000 on mods (SATNAV in the AUDI or Beemer) and the car will produce 335Kw!!

I dont use my car on the track so while I find the stats interesting they dont really make much difference to me.

Is the S4 $70000 better than the F6? Yes if its the car you want, but technically and mechanically I dont believe it is.

The inline 6 Turbo engine is 1 of the finest engines I have ever driven. Ever!

From a German Loving Europhile converted to a raw instant kick in the ass Ford owner. :blush:

PS I think the F6 is better looking than both its competition.

• Member For: 20y 11m 25d
After reading that article I'd take the Audi. Lighter, better brakes, about as quick despite a lot less power and torque, far nicer interior, quattro, super trick diff. Looks a bit subdued, but it'll be a sleeper. And it's a twin turbo, so godo for a healthy power up.

The Audi S4 is supercharged, not twin turbo like the 335i.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 11d
The Audi S4 is supercharged, not twin turbo like the 335i.

OOps, yes your right. But still can be tweaked nicely.

In the USA the S4 is about $55K with a lot of options, yet we get royally raped. Even better the RS4 was about $65K when we were paying $165K. The 335i in the US is around $40-45K.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d
yeah mate saw that whats with the xr6T or F6 not included in Bang For Your Buck?

they were spot on I think about the turbo beeing the best aussie motor ever made.

Because those cars weren't released this year. There's rules defining what gets selected.