Got A Lemon :@:@:@

Brandonn

• Member For: 15y 3m 19d
Brandon bought the car in Western Australia, Marty, so he is correct.

Also I take offence to the "car salesmen are the enemy" line. I spend alot of time helping people on this forum and in the yard, and no its not for profit, I have only sold one vehicle to a Forum member since I have been active here. Would you like it if people came into your place of business and called you a liar and told you that just because you could charge less for what you do, you are ripping people off?

People like this are why I'm about to leave the industry...

:spoton:

Didn't mean to offend. I'd imagine the fact that your seemingly a very decent person tells me your in the wrong line of work. A successful salesman is not an honest/trustworthy one. Statistics prove my point regarding real estate agents/car salesman. Unfortunate as it is, these jobs rely on commission to pull a good salary... the buyer suffers for it.

+ Anyone who is negotiable when it comes to $$$ is always the enemy. Don't tell me the "ah, got a live one here!" siren doesn't go off in your head when a bunny walks in the door willing to pay full price without negotiation. :spoton:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 2d

cannot believe I am defending car salesman scum. But the analogy of soemone who walks in and does not negotiate is either weak and stupid or is happy to pay the price as advertised. Neither is the salesmans fault.

Scotty

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 22d
Brandon bought the car in Western Australia, Marty, so he is correct.

Also I take offence to the "car salesmen are the enemy" line. I spend alot of time helping people on this forum and in the yard, and no its not for profit, I have only sold one vehicle to a Forum member since I have been active here. Would you like it if people came into your place of business and called you a liar and told you that just because you could charge less for what you do, you are ripping people off?

People like this are why I'm about to leave the industry...

:blink:

Welcome to my world!

Oh and I feel special now.

• Member For: 15y 3m 19d
cannot believe I am defending car salesman scum. But the analogy of soemone who walks in and does not negotiate is either weak and stupid or is happy to pay the price as advertised. Neither is the salesmans fault.

Scotty

Correct. Still, it doesn't change the idea that the salesman will cease to assist the customer financially with the sale... knowing they've sold many of the same

car for significantly lower prices to other customers.

Sorry but my experiences(many) have been rarely positive with car salesman. I've been lied to on many occasions. To be honest a lot of the time the lies are probably

unintentional... with incompetence the likely offender. Of course this is a generalisation, I'm not branding all of them incompetent. The industry culture isn't a good one.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 30d

Been in sales past 20 years, yes there is your salesperson that would sell his mother

to make a buck and bullsh*t to make the sale or there is your sales person that will sell you

on the benefits of the product your wanting to buy and give you damm good advice(his opinion

on what he has learnt about the product) in most cases this leads to repeat business which is

better than lying screwing your customer and only selling one thing to them.

Not all sales people are the same some will go the extra mile others will be smart arses, the same

in any profession. that's why when you buy from someone there character is important then their product knowledge,

because if they don`t know someone they can always ask somebody who does.

• Member For: 15y 7m 22d
I know what your saying there Senna, I also work at a dealership and have had for the last 16 yrs. The best comeback line I ever heard was when a farmer called the DP "a typical car salesman thief" he replied "are all farmers cattle duffers?", the stupid *beep* didnt know what to say.

Greg

Hey Greg, We are not cattle duffers just generations of family trying to make a living and unfortunatly some of us are losing, And some of us purchase your cars, U guys are all warming with coffees and warranties but when it comes to the crunch when the sale is made it's tuff titties from then on. As for your slander of a fellow farmer I am inclined to show my neigbours this and word will spread from there and I think it is time a current affair had a yak with FORD to find out why a fellow farmer was asked if he was a cattle duffer, Then be called a stupid "beep" by someone in the game for 16 years...Waiting your reply and be careful....