Power Differences Between Shootout Modes

The_Bogan

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 29d

after watching that video the experience that I have had was on BTA's dyno my car made 406rwkw and climbed up onto the front roller though on envy's dyno it made 411rwkw with the car strapped down hard as f*ck on the bump stops as the 1st run had wheel spin in the mid-range and only made 398rwkw.

Edited by Kroozin

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member For: 9y 10m 11d

I thought the different modes were to account for heavier drive trains. Eg bigger flywheel, more rotational mass etc. Eg a car with a lighter flywheel will accelerate faster to 60 despite having identical amounts of torque and horsepower, it however will be faster. Same goes for a dyno, it will spin a dyno up to speed faster yet has the same power.

A way to prove this is to do 10 back to back runs with your car and a control car, change your flywheel out, then do another 10 back to back runs with a control car at the same time and see how much the flywheel car's "power" has changed.

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 17y 10m 23d

acceleration rates on the dyno should match the acceleration rate of the car on the road in a perfect world, mainline give the adjustability of KMH per second rather than a fixed rate based on engine type