Ba-bf Brembos Fit Fg ?

GCTXR6

• Member For: 15y 11m 15d

just thinking about upgrading to some bf f6 brembos and wondering if they fit a fg turbo aswell ,

as I will upgrade most likely mid-late next year I already have fg f6 rims so they will be transfered to the new car so clearance is no issue

Edited by GCTXR6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 25d

you will have to swap the mounting brackets from 1 caliper to the other, then you have to swap the metal lines on the caliper itself from the top to the bottom and also at the same time swap over the bleed valve from bottom to top. Then you need to get new brake lines as the BA-BF are longer and wont sit in the located bracket. Sounds easy doesnt it?

This is all done due to the BA-BF caliper sitting at the front of the car on the wheel and FG sitting at the rear

You will find that any of the brembos being sold atm that are brand new will be for FGs & not BA-BF, easily told apart by the mounting brackets as they changed. The 4 pots will fit both without changing anything as the pistons in the calipers are both the same size where as the 6 pots have 3 different sized pistons running largest to smallest.

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 25d

Correct as we just found this out last night.

6 pots have 1 large and two small pistons. To fit to a BA/BF you require to have the crossover pipes made and nipples switched but the cross over pipes do not fit when swapped and require new ones made.. Gave them to a local Brake place today to make up and while they are there they are doing up some braided lines as well.

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 25d
Then you need to get new brake lines as the BA-BF are longer and wont sit in the located bracket. Sounds easy doesnt it?

I will have to disagree with this as we just fit a set to a BA yesterday with the FG lines.

• Member For: 15y 11m 15d

Thanks adrian ,so the long and the short of it is that if I buy some bf brembos and fit them to my ba (with some brake line replacements)I can return it to std and refit them to a fg turbo with the same changes(brake pipes again and fg brembo brakets ) here and there :fishin:

Edited by GCTXR6

• 3 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 18d

Gday guys got a few questions hopfully some of you may be able to help me.

First of all I have a 2009 XR6 Turbo and I am planning on putting 6 pot brembos on the front and 4 pot on the rears, I assume these just bolt straight on with the correct mounting brackets? or do I have to do some mods to such as the Master cylinder etc?

Thanks!!