Before You Get A Tune...

nowaford

• Member For: 15y 7m 22d

G'day guys and gals, Just got a custome tune and it was awsome but just two days later while selecting 1st to 2nd, crunch and then nothing, I have T5 (M57) and after having it towed the pressure plate was distorted and thrust bearing was shot, After $2200 got car back and now have 1st to 2nd synchro problem, It may have been on it's way out already, But I just won't people to ask themselve's before they have power upgrade can the drive train handle this because it has been expensive for me...I'm currently seeking a T 56 6 speed, if anyone has better advice let me know...

Cheers sean..

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m

mate it is well known that the T5s have a habit of grenading themselves , some even at stock power levels.

With a fair bit of mechanical sympathy they can handle some very modest power upgrades , but it is a lottery.

T56 conversion with an upgraded clutch is definately the way to go.

Check out the for sale and Mal Woods sections for a T56. Heaps of info in the driveline workshop also

• Member For: 15y 7m 22d

I'm under the understanding that there is 3 different specs for different models? the turbo 6 and the 8 are the same bar 1st gear, would it be a problem if I got a box with a 2.97:1 1st gear as aposed to the 2.66:1?