Fg Xr6t Rev Limit

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 30d

Hi Guys,

A few questions re the FG XR6T standard and modified:

What's the rev limit on a standard FG XR6T?

What's the rev limit on an FG XR6T after a moderate CAPA tune?

Given that the Falcon 4L is a long stroke engine, how safe is it to play around with rev limit?

What's the turbo boost on a standard FG XR6T?

What's the turbo boost on an FG XR6T after a moderate CAPA tune? How much boost can the engine take with complete safety?

Those offering the CAPA tune say that it offers an economy tune as well as a performance tune. When running the performance tune, how does it affect economy? Better or worse?

The standard FG tune seems to have a slightly doughy throttle just off idle. Does the CAPA tune fix this?

Does the FG XR6T run knock sensors? What does the PCM do when it detects engine knock? Retard the spark no doubt. Does the PCM have a low RON spark table as per the Expensive Daewoo Gen III's and Gen IV's? Do after market tunes leave these intact to the extent that the PCM is able to protect the engine when a dodgy batch of fuel is encountered?

I took the FG for a run to Coffs and back over the long weekend. The car returned 7.2 L / 100 km's (39 mpg) on the way home. Admittedly, that was forced by the 80 km/h road work speed limit. It jumped to 8.5 L / 100 km's at 110 km/h.

PAH

• Member For: 20y 8m 12d

I don't think I'd be increasing the rev limit on a standard motor any higher than it's factory setting. Plenty of power can be made below the factory limit. If you have a built motor then I'd think the limit could be raised to make more power safely without the risk of failure.

The standard boost pressure is 9psi on the FG.

Benny

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 9m 30d

Odd. My factory hard cut is 6500rpm.

Also odd the 9psi claim Benny.

My dyno run saw as much as nearly 13psi. Standard.

This dyno sheet shows nearly 12psi but we saw peak boost of 12.9 psi on one run.

05092008030-1.jpg

Edited by PHANTMXR6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 30d

Hi Guys,

I drew a blank when I searched for info on the rev limit of the standard FG XR6T engine. Can anybody enlighten me on this one?

Do the tuners increase the rev limit or leave it at the factory setting?

I'd like to know - how does the CAPA Flash Tuner affect economy when running in performance mode?

PAH

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 15y 9m 30d
air intake more effeciant or was this before installation of it ?

That graph has both before and after on it.

Before in red and after in blue.

Do the tuners increase the rev limit or leave it at the factory setting?

They can do. This is able to be done, but unless you have the right hardware I would imagine no need to as power drops off before you get to the limiter.