Brembo Upgrade?

Bucks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 4m 21d
The NA can do the same top speed as the T, though it may take a lil longer to get there. No one should ever be discourged from upgrading the shiity standard brakes that Ford puts on these cars.

Brakes should always be the first upgrade before all the go fast bits.

and the bembros wont fit 17's.

I.B.

It was a joke mate, hence the laughing man emoticon... I agree the stock brakes are crap but I reckon a street driven car would only need some DBA 4000's and decent pads unless it also used at the track... that's why they give you ABS and DSC nowdays...

Edited by Mr Man

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 25d

why the hate for the kid putting brembos on his NA XR6?

there is nothing wrong with putting brembos on a stock car... far far more intelligent than people on here with stock XR6T brakes on their modified XR6Ts.

Bucks, do it, braking and handling is something these 1800kg cars should have. so go brembos.

(just make sure your rims can fit with the brembos)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Exhaust, lowering and some nice rims would be a much better use of the money.

While on P plates you are not allowed any performance modifications to your vehicle.

Cant really see officer plod throwing the book at him this one, id be be fighting it in court if I received a ticket as any judge would throw it out.

• Member For: 15y 10m 7d

Mate im 20 (thus P-Plates) in Victoria and you can see all the mods in my sig except for a couple of things (which are soon to come) I have highly modded my N/A. Been next to millions of cops and have a cop as a mate that I have talked to about modding while on Ps. No one has any problems. Ive had the car like this for about 1 year now.

Although, brembos would be a good idea, feel free to do minor mods like catback, lowering, rims, etc. Also, if all you want is the look of the brembos just get your calipers painted, shouldnt cost you more than $50-100 to get it professionally done!

Furthermore, thers got to be other brake upgrades that are better than stock but not as expensive as Brembos!

Cheers,

Vebbers!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 28d

Buck, if you want the brakes, I say go for it.

Just one thing though.... If Buck decided to mod his car up, then surely there would be an insurance issue as well wouldn't there?

I'm not from Vic, and I'm well past my P plates.... Just something to think about. Is it really worth the hassle? These cars have plently of performance for a new driver imo.

Just my 2 cents worth.