Anyone Lowered An Fg Ute Yet?

alexr8

• Member For: 15y 5m 24d

Just wondering if anyone has lowered an FG xr6 turbo ute really low yet and if they have stuffed their CV joint because of it? I have just fixed mine due to this! Not a cheap process either seeing you cant buy just the CV for it you have to buy the whole tailshaft

• Member For: 15y 7m 25d

07052009067.jpg

that's it on its way to ford, after a nice suggestion that it should be at stock hieght, it returned later that day with stock components back in it, fortunately I had a mate give me spare leafs that I had reset so it was just a swap over.

however, my point of discussion was that bump stops had not been cut or removed so it hadnt traveled past design travel limits, so it was no different that driving round with ute load of tools, I just did it to keep the peace.

also ford will only sell or replace the whole unit, but if they arent going to cover it under warranty than a fabshop can just replace the rear section/c.v, dam sight cheaper than whole new shaft.

Edited by tinyplums
  • Like 1

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d

so is this a major issue? I will be after something in the way of a lower ride height soonish.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d

So lowering the ute is gonna break something? What are ford doing with this as well? Obviously squirm out of warranties, although as you said with tools and a full tray those tradeys are gonna be running the same height and be in trouble as well.

• Member For: 19y 1m 18d

I also blew my CV up while hastily exiting an intersection with a FULL tub load of tools. I'm pretty sure it's only an issue when ther car is too low. There are people who have popped it with stock power and modified so it's clearly a design fault. Mine was replaced with a FG complete tailshaft and I just learnt to not punish it when I have a full load (in the tub).