Off The Radar Tv Shows

ZAP

• Filthy weeb
  • Member For: 11y 2m 8d

Woot woot Better Call Saul season two just finished and it's continued excellence is as good as anything else going 'round.

The natural progression of events prevents it from being episodic, or even the season being self-contained with a bunch of conclusions before the cliffhanger. Instead there's multiple threads both plot and character driven growing and evolving and old plots or faces you thought done? Guess not. True to the house-style of logical but inventive (seems an oxymoron, but here we are) writing co-creator Vince Gilligan spun in Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul practically perfects it, and even the reintroduction of characters from it's predecessor hardly earns this show the stale moniker of 'spin-off.' This is very much it's own show, confidently walking it's own path and fresh and exciting directions.

Nothing ever really feels like finished business in Better Call Saul, unless you're dead. The relationship between Jimmy and Kim really flourishes in season two, with their respective actors getting some juicy, prime-rib cuts to sink their acting chops into, developing into a complex, stand-offish-yet-tender romance. Mike's stance on hard justice only leads to more trouble and difficulty, but remains an important break-up of the legal proceedings. Jimmy's brother Chuck's turmoil with his odd condition comes to a fore in a cruel way, leading to the final shot that'll leave you wishing you had a time machine just to fast-forward through the painful wait of a year until the next season begins, which is going to be one hell of a clash.

It's funny that I complain about the year-long wait between seasons, but it'd be greater torture if you're the type who'd watch one episode a week. Just like season one, I blasted through this is a few days; and would've finished quicker if I didn't have to wait for today's season finale to drop. That's the state and quality of television these days. Just fantastic stuff.

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 5m 3d

The 100 - Netflix. Quick synopsis, nuclear war, humans live on space stations for 97 years, send 100 people(basically kids, prisonors at that) down to check it out and sh*t gets real. Worth a watch, rated 5 stars on netflix. wasnt sure at first but im hooked now

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d
The 100 - Netflix. Quick synopsis, nuclear war, humans live on space stations for 97 years, send 100 people(basically kids, prisonors at that) down to check it out and sh*t gets real. Worth a watch, rated 5 stars on netflix. wasnt sure at first but im hooked now

I've been thrashing that one the past few weeks.

Now I'm out of 100 and narcos episodes and the long wait starts...

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d

Watched the 1st few episodes of the 100 ages ago and gave up - seemed too teen "Hunger Games" audience focused.

Gets better?

For some light watching to fill the gaps - if you like Archer, Brickleberry, Bobs Burgers etc look up Ugly Americans (excellent), Crash Canyon & Border Town

Each are only a season or 2 long, but similar vein.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 3d

yeah definitely gets better rabs the story is developing some depth now, definitely not a hunger games. I was a bit eh I dunno at first, 1 more episode of season 1 left and im already keen to see wat goes down in season 2

Its also becoming clear why its called the 100 and not the 2500........ill leave it at that
  • Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

Brotherhood , 3 series based around an Irish family in a ficticious US city 

with 2 brothers on separate sides of the law looking after the community in

vastly different ways. Lots of scheming, manipulating and character interplay

Loving it. Good cast

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

Yeah first few episodes of each season of 100 are a bit crap, but pretty gripping after that. Particularly season 2 - gets way more interesting than a bunch of juvenile delinquents running around getting killed.

I'll check out a few of those suggestions!