Capa Flash Tuner

nowaford

• Member For: 15y 7m 1d

G'day Guy's and Gal's, I'm looking for some pro's and con's on the CAPA Flash Tuner, or anything you guy's can tell me about them that we should know, I'm looking for just a smaller power gain (until next time). Any advice would be great as there is alot out there and most is conflicting, Being a dedicated site I hope to be steered in the right direction... The advice would be for a 2003 xr 6 t ute, I have had her since new and just wont a little bit more poke....

Cheers.....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

As BF says a custom tune is the way to go. It will drive like it should of from the factory.

If you have only driven a stocker, you will not believe the diffrence :bowdown:

Just be prepared to torch your warranty.

• Need more power. Now taking donations.
  • Member For: 15y 1m 2d

Too many pros to list, but if you go for generic flash tunes, there are a few cons.

1. Boost spike appears right on boost (mine did 13.5 Psi on a "10psi" generic tune), giving sudden accleration and lots of wheelspin...not all that drivable...fun in the wet.. (Some may see this as a pro..)

2. lots more fuel...or maybe just lots more right foot action....

3. you're driving around hoping that your injectors are providing enough fuel... you never really know...

4. If manual, start saving for a new mal wood clutch. (required for any sort of tune)

oh, and one more thing.... no matter what tune you get, it will never be enough power. You will keep looking for excuses why you need that bigger cooler, bigger fuel pump, better plenum, more boost...

Edited by seduced

• Member For: 14y 11m 14d

I agree with everything said. GO FOR IT!! I was in the same position as you about 3 months ago.

Got the flash tuner put in injectors, fuel pump and got custom tune. The difference was unbelievable!

Stock clutch started slipping bout 2 weeks later but I had that coming.

Now im getting the T56 and mal wood option3 clutch in next week and am already planning for the next round of mods.

As has been said many times before on this site......The bug will bite you HARD!!!

Have fun

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 28d

Hey guys. I have an FG XR6-T and was looking at getting a CAPA flash tune done. Just wondering is there anyway Ford can tell that a flash tune has been put through the car if you upload the factory tune back in? - this is just for warranty purposes when the car goes back to ford. Kinda want to keep the warranty in check for now is all... Cheers