Sedan Fuel Pump Install How To

• Member For: 17y 9m 4d

I went to put my walbro into my car today but I could not separate the top part of the fuel pump case from the bottom.

what's the trick to it?

• Member For: 16y 5m

on the side of the cradle you will see two tabs, push them in and pull the top of the cradle it should seperate slightly. Then when you are looking at the cradle there is two ribbed type lines. one goes from the top of the cradle to the fuel pump and the other comes from the return line at the top of the cradle. where the return line connects to at the other end you need to push that aside as it catches and wont let you pull it any further. after you push that aside the cradle should seperate.

on the side of the cradle you will see two tabs, push them in and pull the top of the cradle it should seperate slightly. Then when you are looking at the cradle there is two ribbed type lines. one goes from the top of the cradle to the fuel pump and the other comes from the return line at the top of the cradle. where the return line connects to at the other end you need to push that aside as it catches and wont let you pull it any further. after you push that aside the cradle should seperate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Loves boost
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 28d

seems like a stupid question, but I started to do my fuel pump on the weekend tank was too full so decided to leave it until next weekend and have the tank drained some more. Now my cabin has this slight petrol smell how long did that take to go away after you guys did yours? froze my ass off driving to work this morning with all the windows down.

hmmm, I didnt have a fuel smell in mine when I did it. might be a good idea to check all of your supply and return lines (if you got to taking them off) from the top of the cradle and check that the black cover under the back seat is all on properly

• Loves boost
  • Donating Members

yea the smell is gone now, just left the sunroon open and some windows down while at work did the trick. Yea there was no leaks I did double check that.

• Loves boost
  • Donating Members

Finally got my pump in on the weekend, was pretty simple. Did people find it louder than the standard one on prime? Don't really hear any difference when driving just on the prime I here it fire up. But was a great guide this helped me out in quite a few spots!

Thanks

no worries :blush:

Yeah mine is noisy on prime and could only just hear it while the car was running.

After I got my injectors and tune done it got a little bit louder but nothing stupid.

• Loves boost
  • Donating Members

I didn't use the heat shrink idea, didn't like the thought of it melting off and shorting around fuel. So I pulled apart the ford plug and used the connectors in it and jointed them to the walbro wireing, was very simple and I think a bit on the safer side. But on the other side no one has posted any bad things about the heat shrink so must be going ok.