Sedan Fuel Pump Install How To

• Member For: 16y 4m 28d

thanks guys. I did a search on here for a few days before I attempted doing it to try and get some pointers but couldnt really find much

so I thought I'd take some photos as I went and make one up.

Is that rubber line that you used a proper submersible fuel line or just a regular fuel line hose?

Yeah its Gates submersable EFI line, the photo is a bit crappy. I was told you can only get it in as low as 30cm lengths so if you know anyone who wants to do their pump as well then just go halfs in the cost of the hose and split it because you only need about 70-80mm.

• Member For: 16y 10d
thanks guys. I did a search on here for a few days before I attempted doing it to try and get some pointers but couldnt really find much

so I thought I'd take some photos as I went and make one up.

Yeah its Gates submersable EFI line, the photo is a bit crappy. I was told you can only get it in as low as 30cm lengths so if you know anyone who wants to do their pump as well then just go halfs in the cost of the hose and split it because you only need about 70-80mm.

Great job mate! Just a quick question....how much fuel did you have in the tank when you did this? I currently have half a tank of fuel and was wondering if I should run it all the way down to empty before attempting?

Edited by AIRMONxXR

• Member For: 16y 4m 28d
Great job mate! Just a quick question....how much fuel did you have in the tank when you did this? I currently have half a tank of fuel and was wondering if I should run it all the way down to empty before attempting?

It had about 30km's left on the distance to empty display on the dash. run it down to about a needle width off the empty line and it should be right.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 11d

Does that interior area with the soldered wires become flooded with fuel??

I'm thinking of soldering too, but I don't think the heatshrink would be rated for fuel

• Member For: 15y 4m 21d
Does that interior area with the soldered wires become flooded with fuel??

I'm thinking of soldering too, but I don't think the heatshrink would be rated for fuel

any one got an answer to this?

as im doing my fuel pump today

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 11d

I think I see dust particles gathering on the factory original submersible fuel line, which indicates it's not flooded, but vapours will gather inevitably. This might explain the need for 'submersible' fuel line, as vapours are as harsh as liquid fuel (I think).

So perhaps the test is to fill a jar of petrol and hang a bit of heatshrink above it, enclosed with a lid?