Sedan Fuel Pump Install How To

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Mate if you’re struggling with the cover this pump installation is going to be way over your head lol 

seriously let a professional do it 🙃

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

You’ve done more complex “things” yet couldn’t understand how to remove a plastic cover with a rubber lip that has a big joining arrow on it ..........

or the fact it has an additional rubber insert that has the cable loom passing through that is removable also to put a finger in and pop upwards.......

I don't think im awesome, I know I’m awesome and talking down to you is only taken that way if taken in an offensive manner that wasn’t broadcast by myself, I was being honest and upfront and sux to be you getting offended by it “MATE” 

Keen to hear about the complexity of vehicle modifications you’ve partaken in that trumps this mountain of a task .....

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

It is . Iam working up the courage to try some of these. I want blue, but that colour looks VERY difficult..

Screen_Shot_0028-02-04_at_4.08.51_PM_3.j

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 11m 5d

Thought I would post in here instead of creating a new post, How are you guys going with the re wire and relay? I've just got my self a new turbo (Standard one gave in) so with the new turbo I've also got a new Walbro 460 and I've had a few people say you don't need to re wire...but id rather just do it right the first time and not have to look back. Where is the standard relay located on a FG Turbo? If someone has done it and could fill me in on where you guys are setting up the new relay would be excellent.

Edited by BoostedG6E

• Member For: 5y 10m 9d

Hey Mate,

I fitted the 460 pump into the stock cradle on my bf series 2 xr6 turbo and left the factory wiring and relay, it has been a few months since fitting and I have had no problems yet. Also soldering or joining is not required to modify in tank harness as people have previously quoted, can simply un pick terminals from warbro harness and factory harness and adapt together . Hope this helps. Also I called walbro about upgrading wiring and relay and they told me it will be fine using factory wiring but do recommend upgrading it 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

I ran mine like that for a bit. No dramas and did notice a much stronger pump with the battery feed. You can twist wires if you like but soldering or repinning is better.

Pic of my deadly relay. I tek screwed it to the floor. I dunno if using bulkhead adapters and fatter wiring would be better to feed the pump out the relay? An auto elec can chime in on this.

96F6rLG.jpg